Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that's happened here is his agent and probably Ross himself have told Koeman to do one with his stupid deadline and the club are doing what they should have done all along - quietly negotiate for the extension of service of an already contracted player behind the scenes.

People can call me a conspiracy theorist all they want on this, but for me its' quite clear - Koeman's stupid deadline was well and truly laughed at, as it should have been.

All that's happened here is his agent and probably Ross himself have told Koeman to do one with his stupid deadline and the club are doing what they should have done all along - quietly negotiate for the extension of service of an already contracted player behind the scenes.

People can call me a conspiracy theorist all they want on this, but for me its' quite clear - Koeman's stupid deadline was well and truly laughed at, as it should have been.

I may have missed it, but what was the deadline set?

I thought Koeman had said 'after the weekend' (of the Arsenal game) and that he didn't know what would happen if there was no answer from Barkley.

“If you offer a player a new contract, and a good contract, that means that you like to keep the player,” he said. “I spoke to the player, the board spoke to the player and his agent. We need an answer after the weekend. I don’t know what will happen if he doesn’t give any answer about that.”

That's not really a deadline, seeing as he could give us an answer at any time from now on and that would be 'after the weekend.'

All Koeman said was the club needed to know before the holidays if we have to sell the player as we can't wait til August, which is understandable as he's worth millions and only has 12 months left. Barkley seems to have not said yes or no either and it seems it's gone quiet and Everton will sell him IMO. If Barkley or his agents just avoided the situation and didn't give any sort of answer, then what is Koeman supposed to do? We all want transparency and openness with the fans, and whether he said things or not, Barkley would still have 12 months left and his value has not gone down because of Koeman's comments.

I may have missed it, but what was the deadline set?

I thought Koeman had said 'after the weekend' (of the Arsenal game) and that he didn't know what would happen if there was no answer from Barkley.

“If you offer a player a new contract, and a good contract, that means that you like to keep the player,” he said. “I spoke to the player, the board spoke to the player and his agent. We need an answer after the weekend. I don’t know what will happen if he doesn’t give any answer about that.”

That's not really a deadline, seeing as he could give us an answer at any time from now on and that would be 'after the weekend.'

You missed it mate.

Koeman also discussed how much time Barkley has at his disposal before revealing his decision to Everton.

"Still one week, time for him to decide. The board is working a long time for Ross to stay for a long period," said the Dutchman.

"It's up to the player but we don't wait until August. Next week we need an answer if he will accept the contract or we sell the player."

All Koeman said was the club needed to know before the holidays if we have to sell the player as we can't wait til August, which is understandable as he's worth millions and only has 12 months left. Barkley seems to have not said yes or no either and it seems it's gone quiet and Everton will sell him IMO. If Barkley or his agents just avoided the situation and didn't give any sort of answer, then what is Koeman supposed to do? We all want transparency and openness with the fans, and whether he said things or not, Barkley would still have 12 months left and his value has not gone down because of Koeman's comments.

Perhaps shut his mouth? Which he very clearly should have done instead of putting his foot in it.

I just hope we stand form on that deadine, we offered a contract and he didnt sign. We need to know where we stand so we can plan for next season so the deadline was the right thing to do, choice was his and he made his mind up by not signing, so its time to get rid.

When Jake Livermore is being selected before Barkley you know something ain't right with him!

'England are bland, no flair,' said (Harry) Redknapp. 'What is important is finding an identity. What is Gareth Southgate really about? How do his teams want to play? That's what I want to know.

'If someone asked me how England have played under four or five managers since Glenn Hoddle, I couldn't remember.

'One minute it's 4-3-3, then it's 4-4-2. How do England play? What do we do? Kick it long? Play from the back? I don't know what we do.

'Ross Barkley doesn't need knocking down,' said Redknapp. 'He needs picking up. It's no good saying what he can't do. What can he do? He can play. He can see a pass, he's strong, he can run with the ball. He's got great ability, so tell him.

'Go on Ross, go and play, run the game, they can't live with you Ross, you're different class. He'd feel 10ft tall. Don't keep telling him to get back in there when we haven't got the ball, don't do this, don't do that... encourage him.

'England are bland, no flair,' said (Harry) Redknapp. 'What is important is finding an identity. What is Gareth Southgate really about? How do his teams want to play? That's what I want to know.

'If someone asked me how England have played under four or five managers since Glenn Hoddle, I couldn't remember.

'One minute it's 4-3-3, then it's 4-4-2. How do England play? What do we do? Kick it long? Play from the back? I don't know what we do.

'Ross Barkley doesn't need knocking down,' said Redknapp. 'He needs picking up. It's no good saying what he can't do. What can he do? He can play. He can see a pass, he's strong, he can run with the ball. He's got great ability, so tell him.

'Go on Ross, go and play, run the game, they can't live with you Ross, you're different class. He'd feel 10ft tall. Don't keep telling him to get back in there when we haven't got the ball, don't do this, don't do that... encourage him.

On very, very rare occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back