Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my first summer in charge I'd have made big statement signings and pushed for top four.

He blew it. Then he has a stampede for the door on his hand from the two best players we have.

Stampede for the door? Your deluded if you think rom has only just decided to leave.... Barkley isn't one of our two best players IMO so keep talking crap if you like but lukaku has wanted a move pretty much since he got here and Barkley has been offered a decent contract but hasn't signed it..

Oh for god sake. No it's not about net spend. That's got absolutely bugger all to do with it. It is pure and simply about getting the right players in the right positions at the right time. Any arguments to the contrary don't make sense. Market prices and forces mean nothing. Man U won the league with kids generated from their academy. Man C won it by a team they bought. Leicester won it by a cheap team of failures. There is no rule to this and a positive net spend means absolutely nothing. Get over it for Christ sake. We all just want the best players in the right positions, regardless of sales, incoming and outgoings. That is all that matters. I'm spent!

Instead of frothing at the mouth mate do yourself a favour and go and see which teams have the greatest net spend over the past decade and then go and check who won all the trophies and got top four spots in that time. You'll find they correlate.

Yes, there's always an excuse peddled out for these phonies.

I have a very simple metric I use from now on mate: net spend. It's either substantial or we have an utter charlatan on our hands like Robert Earl.

You seen Spurs net spend mate? It's something like 5m over the last 4 years.

And sissoko and Perez not wanting to play for us isn't an excuse... it's a fact.

Stampede for the door? Your deluded if you think rom has only just decided to leave.... Barkley isn't one of our two best players IMO so keep talking crap if you like but lukaku has wanted a move pretty much since he got here and Barkley has been offered a decent contract but hasn't signed it..
They are two very pivitol players who create goals for us you cannot argue against that surely ?

Instead of frothing at the mouth mate do yourself a favour and go and see which teams have the greatest net spend over the past decade and then go and check who won all the trophies and got top four spots in that time. You'll find they correlate.

Spurs and Leicester ... your talking pooh again David

People are just happy with their shiney new toys atm mate. It'll hit home next season when we have a pop gun attack.
Why don't you just wait and see instead of being such a miserable bugger. The window has started off well, I don't think even try can deny that. Bit of a pisstake that every thread ends up being derailed into these petty arguments over the same rhetoric all the time.

And I actually agree with some of the things you say Dave in regard to everton and our current state but is there really any need to keep spouting negativity all the time? We've just started the window really positively for the first time in living memory for a lot of blues. It would be nice to come on here and enjoy that. So what if it changes down the road? Barkley and lukaku are still employed by everton at the moment and we don't know what's going to happen there. I personally doubt even koeman knows what's going to happen with those two at the moment. Spending money and bringing in players, showing ambition is exactly what we should be doing to try and keep them. Somehow that is turned into a board/manager bashing by you.

Last edited:
People are just happy with their shiney new toys atm mate. It'll hit home next season when we have a pop gun attack.

what if we finish 2nd/3rd/4th? and have assets a plenty to sell plus money to burn still? that's the short-term goal and I don't understand why you're against it. Martinez helped us in some ways, but Koeman is doing the same. Get behind him instead of finding fault!

what if we finish 2nd/3rd/4th? and have assets a plenty to sell plus money to burn still? that's the short-term goal and I don't understand why you're against it. Martinez helped us in some ways, but Koeman is doing the same. Get behind him instead of finding fault!
It is a big gamble to buy in wholesale changes it may pay off let's see- we need a bigger squad of very good players as that Europa cup is a drain on any squad to compete in the Prem too - no one knows yet who is staying - that's the crunch objectively on how we end up transfer wise - great to have new players it is down to if we get rid of the correct deadwood that's to be seen as yet!

L.p.
It is a big gamble to buy in wholesale changes it may pay off let's see- we need a bigger squad of very good players as that Europa cup is a drain on any squad to compete in the Prem too - no one knows yet who is staying - that's the crunch objectively on how we end up transfer wise - great to have new players it is down to if we get rid of the correct deadwood that's to be seen as yet!
Mate that's just riddles.

Oh for god sake. No it's not about net spend. That's got absolutely bugger all to do with it. It is pure and simply about getting the right players in the right positions at the right time. Any arguments to the contrary don't make sense. Market prices and forces mean nothing. Man U won the league with kids generated from their academy. Man C won it by a team they bought. Leicester won it by a cheap team of failures. There is no rule to this and a positive net spend means absolutely nothing. Get over it for Christ sake. We all just want the best players in the right positions, regardless of sales, incoming and outgoings. That is all that matters. I'm spent!

Far too sensible a post, however if you keep it up, I feel that you can be the hero that we all need to fight the orange cat.

Keep up the good work x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back