Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't force them to sign can you? Seeing as you know it all... how would you make them stay?
In my first summer in charge I'd have made big statement signings and pushed for top four.

He blew it. Then he has a stampede for the door on his hand from the two best players we have.

Well...they were netting 30+

Yeah ... but there is no ratio to goals in different leagues... I know it's not as high a standard but you can't write someone off just because they are playing in holland... or assume they won't be as good here... it simply doesn't work like that. So many players come through that league and some absolutely quality ones to

Net spend?

We havent sold anybody but Cleverley Dave, yet.

Its not about net spend, its about the cost cutting exercise we performed in January, the 1 I told you would free up money and wages to make a real go in this window, the increased commercial deals, the sky tv prize money increase. Everton.
No mate. ITS ABOUT NET SPEND.

He's not getting away again this summer with recycling player sale cash and using the TV cash.

We had bigger net spends under the final years of Kenwright. WTF have we got this feller for if he isn't moving us on from that?

In my first summer in charge I'd have made big statement signings and pushed for top four.

He blew it. Then he has a stampede for the door on his hand from the two best players we have.
Easier said then done, after the mismanagement from the previous idiot we were hardly an attractive option for a decent player, but after 12 months of progress we are now that club players wan't to sign for.

Who would have been classed as a statement signing? Give me an example of the level of player you would have got? how exactly would you have signed them?

We couldn't attract players , we had two shocking seasons and were going backwards.... we lost players to the Chinese league, arsenal and spurs after all 3 had apparently agreed to sign. So please tell me how you would have closed a deal that a billionaire business man could not

He's not getting away again this summer with recycling player sale cash and using the TV cash.

We had bigger net spends under the final years of Kenwright. WTF have we got this feller for if he isn't moving us on from that?
The met spend this summer could be zero, and the would be fine if the squad has vastly improved in key areas, it's about the standard of player you bring in and how they fit the squad, not how much you spend

Easier said then done, after the mismanagement from the previous idiot we were hardly an attractive option for a decent player, but after 12 months of progress we are now that club players wan't to sign for.
The other idiot bought this summers Moshiri meal ticket mate. £27m for the best Everton signing for 40 years who will now be cashed in on.

When's Moshiri going do some heavy lifting?

The poorest billionaire in the world.

Who would have been classed as a statement signing? Give me an example of the level of player you would have got? how exactly would you have signed them?

We couldn't attract players , we had two shocking seasons and were going backwards.... we lost players to the Chinese league, arsenal and spurs after all 3 had apparently agreed to sign. So please tell me how you would have closed a deal that a billionaire business man could not
Yes, there's always an excuse peddled out for these phonies.

I have a very simple metric I use from now on mate: net spend. It's either substantial or we have an utter charlatan on our hands like Robert Earl.

The met spend this summer could be zero, and the would be fine if the squad has vastly improved in key areas, it's about the standard of player you bring in and how they fit the squad, not how much you spend
We're selling our best striker since Graeme Sharp mate. And probably our most talent player behind him.

How is that "strengthening"?

Oh for god sake. No it's not about net spend. That's got absolutely bugger all to do with it. It is pure and simply about getting the right players in the right positions at the right time. Any arguments to the contrary don't make sense. Market prices and forces mean nothing. Man U won the league with kids generated from their academy. Man C won it by a team they bought. Leicester won it by a cheap team of failures. There is no rule to this and a positive net spend means absolutely nothing. Get over it for Christ sake. We all just want the best players in the right positions, regardless of sales, incoming and outgoings. That is all that matters. I'm spent!

Currently we have a Net spend of over 100m under Moshiri, come see me if that changes.
As good as it gets mate. It all comes back together over the rest of this summer.

Net spend of a maximum of £30m if we're lucky...and that after last summers bollocks window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back