Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.

Numpty sat behind me in the Main Stand does nothing but whine and moan about Ross and Rom. He used to [Poor language removed] Stones off too... makes me wonder why the hell he bothers coming.

And then he naffs off with at least 15 mins to play every single game... wtf is that all about????

That's the Main Stand mate

Bloke who sits next to me sits through about 30 minutes of the first half and then about 20 of the second!

When has a demotion ever re-motivated anyone?
i don't know if i would characterize as a d
Not so sure, Barkley seems to suffer from brittle confidence and this sort of demotion would surely impact on him negatively. Maybe a bench role for a while and given c.25 minute game changing cameos if we needed him.
When has a demotion ever re-motivated anyone?
Yeah after further thought his frail psyche would probably react poorly to a perceived banishment from the first team. But some other approach

needs to applied whether it's just adopting a temporary super sub role until he proves himself consistently capable of starting spot , or a loan. If

the current erratic displays continue turfing him the highest bidder while there's still an element of hype attached to his name. There's such a

intense preoccupation with barkely not just from his groupies who bestow fanciful expectations on him but the media itself as their so fixated on

any English player who exhibits a sliver of talent and potential. That ever present and unrelenting coverage has to exasperate Ross as he seems

unable to insulate himself from that degree of perpetual pressure. That's why I was originally suggesting a means to free him from that

microscope and refine his skills, but knowing the media they would turn it in other talking point and his confidence would be impacted further.

Me too.

Numpty sat behind me in the Main Stand does nothing but whine and moan about Ross and Rom. He used to [Poor language removed] Stones off too... makes me wonder why the hell he bothers coming.

And then he naffs off with at least 15 mins to play every single game... wtf is that all about????

There's a difference between groaning at a loose pass or a mistake, and collectively all going "booooooo" when he gets the ball or his name is read out though isn't there? People groan, it has happened with every single player, at every single club in the world, at some point. People have stated in this thread, that our fans BOO Ross Barkley! Just him!

There's a difference between groaning at a loose pass or a mistake, and collectively all going "booooooo" when he gets the ball or his name is read out though isn't there? People groan, it has happened with every single player, at every single club in the world, at some point. People have stated in this thread, that our fans BOO Ross Barkley! Just him!

Beep....beep.....beep....

With respect mate, if you had this complete numpty in your ear hole every game muttering and chuntering, "gerrim sold, he's useless" about both Ross and Rom, and previously Stonesy, over just about anything... you would get fed up with it.

I honestly cannot remember anything resembling a positive comment from him, but I'll make a point of listening harder tonight... at the risk of raising my blood pressure.

With respect mate, if you had this complete numpty in your ear hole every game muttering and chuntering, "gerrim sold, he's useless" about both Ross and Rom, and previously Stonesy, over just about anything... you would get fed up with it.

I honestly cannot remember anything resembling a positive comment from him, but I'll make a point of listening harder tonight... at the risk of raising my blood pressure.

Oh believe me there's a right collection of moaning arl da's in the top balcony as well, but the thing is they moan about EVERY player when they do something wrong, like you said Stones and Lukaku get it from these people too. There isn't a special defence of them like there is Ross though, all players have had to take criticism on the chin in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back