Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you drop Lukaku because he doesn't want to be here either? I would rather Besic with Gana but he's injured, but there's always Gibson? But he's probably injured to.

Yes I would drop him or put him behind a striker because he doesn't bring his team mates into the game, he is not an outlet at all. the players can't move forward at all

Thought he did well when he came on and linked with enner valencia quite nicely. Expect to see him back in on Tuesday - will be an important ball carrying player against Arsenal where I imagine well be playing high press counter attacking football.

Would like to see him more withdrawn to the same position mcarthy was playing yesterday - I do not think he is creative enough to be a number 10, and atleast playing slightly more withdrawn means he will have a bigger space to run into, which is ultimately where his strengths lay.

I've been saying that for ages to anyone who listens, I just know he'd do a good job, good with his back to goal, he's got quick feet so he should be getting in the box taking on one defender and smashing it, he's a cert to get you pens as well, why can't anyone else see what we see, he plays too deep, he takes on one to many and loses it or he just stops the momentum goin forward, he needs to be in the box.

I agree with you agreeing. 4-4-2 Barkley and Lukaku up front. Rom thrives from having 'mates' around him, and Ross & He need to connect again, same with Geri and Mirallas. Those front 4 on form are scary, if only they get their mojo back

Stek
Coleman Williams Mori Baines
Gana Barry Barkley
Deulofeu
Lukaku Valencia

I think this is how we need to go in bolasie's absence. We've definitely showed we can attack recently with valencia up there, and none of our wingers are performing on the wing. Think dela can actually offer things in that role, got a good few assists last season centrally. At least i actually noticed him yeterday, mirallas was none-existent.

That team won't work straight away, but with our only assister injured we need to try something else. Arsenal are going to score a few against us, so let's go out and try and score more.

Thought he did well when he came on and linked with enner valencia quite nicely. Expect to see him back in on Tuesday - will be an important ball carrying player against Arsenal where I imagine well be playing high press counter attacking football.

Would like to see him more withdrawn to the same position mcarthy was playing yesterday - I do not think he is creative enough to be a number 10, and atleast playing slightly more withdrawn means he will have a bigger space to run into, which is ultimately where his strengths lay.

High press counter attack football? Good one.

Almost like people forget what they have been witnessing for the past few months.
Hoof, look shocked when the ball bounces 20m off Rom's shin and then run scared when the opposition make non threatening passes around our box before conceding a goal to something dumb. Rinse repeat.
Tactics 2016 lads.

Such a shock that Ross isn't playing well when he gets bypassed by the ball going over his head 90% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back