Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a player for this number 10 role. Don't know if barkley is the man. But better than Mccarthy in this position even on a bad day. Mccarthy is a holding midfielder.

They are both a lot more productive than Barkley though. He needs to learn to put himself about more if he's going to fulfill his potential.

Having said that. He's better than McCarthy and Cleverley and should be starting ahead of them.

Again, don't buy that. And he does put himself about. But if the ball is going over his head what's he gonna do?

Koeman's complained he drops too deep. The kid wants the ball on the deck. We don't play that.

Wasn't comparing. But he is a type of creative attacking player, not this myth box to box tackling etc player some people want him to be.

Maybe because hes English and that's whst we want.

If he was Spanish etc, they'd utilise what he can do, not what he can't which is why I mentioned your Ozils etc.

yeah I agree. I really wish we could just loan him to some decent Italian or spainsih team and forget about him for a year or two

Wasn't comparing. But he is a type of creative attacking player, not this myth box to box tackling etc player some people want him to be.

Maybe because hes English and that's whst we want.

If he was Spanish etc, they'd utilise what he can do, not what he can't which is why I mentioned your Ozils etc.

I just simply dont think he is good enough.

He can do some nice things, most pro footballers can do that.

I wouldn't want to give up on him just yet as he is still youngish but its not as if he is doing stuff that demands that he starts in the team.

The free kick at the end summed him up to me. He got it on target, it was struck nicely with the right technique etc but it was straight at the keeper at a nice height and pace. Sums him up in a nutshell for me.

I just simply dont think he is good enough.

He can do some nice things, most pro footballers can do that.

I wouldn't want to give up on him just yet as he is still youngish but its not as if he is doing stuff that demands that he starts in the team.

The free kick at the end summed him up to me. He got it on target, it was struck nicely with the right technique etc but it was straight at the keeper at a nice height and pace. Sums him up in a nutshell for me.

Hes good enough when you play football.

We don't at the moment and hes almost being punished for it.

Hes good enough when you play football.

We don't at the moment and hes almost being punished for it.

Opinions. I dont think he is anywhere near mentally strong enough for where we want to be.

He obviously has talent, but most top flight footballers do. Its putting it all together and having a strong mentality that takes you from being a talented player into a good one. He isnt the only one in our squad to suffer from that mind.

Opinions. I dont think he is anywhere near mentally strong enough for where we want to be.

He obviously has talent, but most top flight footballers do. Its putting it all together and having a strong mentality that takes you from being a talented player into a good one. He isnt the only one in our squad to suffer from that mind.

But we're nowhere near where we want to be.

So before we start expecting him to grab games by the scruff etc (at 23) surely playing to his strengths, and Roms etc, is better than not playing him? (Clev and McCarthy over him ffs).

I've said for years, just give him the ball, build around him, keep doing it, you'll get a player.

But that's just me.

He bashed that in during Martinez's first season.

Players are 50% mental confidence and 50% actual ability. Our players are shot of most of their mental confidence, Ross included. He didn't feel confident enough to lash that ball towards goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back