Ross - There's No Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad really needs to improve on his passing if he wants to make it at a team like ours. At the moment I would much prefer to see Pienaar in the no 10 role.

Shocking this. Truelly shocking knowledge of the game.

20 Year old lad.......he needs to improve yes, his passing is superb. Its his consentration that needs to improve, and it will, with game time.

Year ago I was reading barkley may not be a fit for us

Summer it was whether he would make the team

Now its whether he could make captain or if he should play central or attacking midfield. We have Martinez saying he plays like Ballack /Gazza so it points to attacking midfield -- which means we need to sign a central midfielder.

Question is, which position is easier to fill, attacking or central midfield- perhaps this plays a part in his thinking?

Can't see why there would be pressure on him, well as long as he's man of the match every game anyway.

Think because Rooney came thru and was basically world class straight away some expect the same from every young player that comes thru our system.

Rooney was a freak of nature, and I'd argue his best days were his younger years. Your gerrards (sorry) lampard's etc all improved with experience.

Yeah coz pienaar is a genius when it comes to threading that final pass!!??
not exactly a genius however he has more guile and subtlety.

Ross's final ball will improve, and there is No one in this league who can run at a defence from midfield like Ross does. Tbh that excites me much more, and if you look at how many goals have come from barkley's initial power run the slight lack of the desisive final ball is a "take it on the chin" currently!
there are several players who can, don't talk rubbish pal.

i agree the lad had extremely good physical attributes and combined with his dribbling, close control and power it makes him an extremely dangerous and exciting player. however how many times has he thread a through ball through a packed defence? i think the lad will become a top player i'm just saying he needs to improve on his decision making and bring that final pass into his game, his decision making will improve with age but you don't just gain vision and creative passing ability overnight. that's why i think a box to box midfielder will be a better position for him.

Shocking this. Truelly shocking knowledge of the game.

20 Year old lad.......he needs to improve yes, his passing is superb. Its his consentration that needs to improve, and it will, with game time.
sorry but his passing is not "superb". i cant take this seriously at all. as i've said, he has brilliant physical attributes. he can power past anyone and has great ball control to match, it's yaya toure like at times and he has an absolute rocket of a shot. but if you think his passing is superb its you has truly shocking knowledge of the game my friend. he plays 0.1 accurate through balls per game... the less said about that the better.

sorry but his passing is not "superb". i cant take this seriously at all. as i've said, he has brilliant physical attributes. he can power past anyone and has great ball control to match, it's yaya toure like at times and he has an absolute rocket of a shot. but if you think his passing is superb its you has truly shocking knowledge of the game my friend. he plays 0.1 accurate through balls per game... the less said about that the better.

Whilst I dont agree with superb you have gone too far the other way.

Ross general passing around midfield is very accurate and he has shown himself capable a few times of playing those sweeping scholes-like passes into the corners in front of Coleman.

However its his final ball in the final third that lets him down, but then again we have a squad full of players bad at this, and there is an argument that part of the reason for the falldown in this area is down to decision making rather than a lack of ability.

Listen @Blades youve come under a bit of stick and some people have been reprimanded because accusing you of being from that lot over the park but your posts here arouse a lot of suspicion- now if you are a WUM I suggest you just leave.

Barkley is going to be a top player, hes still very young.

Listen @Blades youve come under a bit of stick and some people have been reprimanded because accusing you of being from that lot over the park but your posts here arouse a lot of suspicion- now if you are a WUM I suggest you just leave.

Barkley is going to be a top player, hes still very young.
sorry but i've praised Barkley in this thread and said he will be a top player... i personally just think that he will be a more physically gifted player like Toure, Dembele, dare i say Gerrard... and not a classic no 10 like Mata, Silva, Ozil, etc.

i can assure you i'm not a wum or a fan of them lot i just have different opinions to the masses. i don't think i am being critical or abusing our players or anything just offering my thoughts. highlighting their weaknesses while also praising their strengths.

No way are you a blue, or watch any of our games. Im not having it.

From the age of about 14, Barkleys vision has been light years ahead of everyone he plays with, at International U21 level, he was better at passing than anyone around him. I have read Italian & Spanish press raving about this side of his game. They are the pass masters.

You not seen his crossfield balls ?? The little flicks he does, all the 1 touch passing he does. Its sometimes too clever, and he is not fully concentrating on what he is doing, so looks a bit sloppy.

That is not is lack of passing skills, but the mental maturity of a 20 year old kid.

No way are you a blue, or watch any of our games. Im not having it. From the age of about 14, Barkleys vision has been light years ahead of everyone he plays with, at International U21 level, he was better at passing than anyone around him.

I have read Italian & Spanish press raving about this side of his game. They are the pass masters.

You not seen his crossfield balls ?? The little flicks he does, all the 1 touch passing he does. Its sometimes too clever, and he is not fully concentrating on what he is doing, so looks a bit sloppy.

That is not is lack of passing skills, but the mental maturity of a 20 year old kid.
from playing with a bunch of 14 year olds out of which almost all of them will fail to make it the top level to playing regularly week in week out in the premier league is a massive step up, and england does not exactly have a reputation of producing passing maestros does it. i would argue that Will Hughes and Ravel Morrison are both very good passers at u21 level mind.

speak much spanish do you pal? Nice one...

i think he has a good passing range, his long passes can be accurate and measured although can improve on his decision on when to to go short or long, not a problem however as he will obviously learn through experience.

1 touch and short intricate passes and one twos in and around the box... not so much. now thats not much of a huge issue for me, i see him as a deeper midfield player who can drive forward with his power and athleticism. but let me ask you do you see him as a no 10 or a centre mid in the future...

I've hear him being likened to gerrard which is obviously nonsense, gerrard has a good right foot and engine, but I don't think I've ever seen him beat a man, barkley has two boss feet is just as athletic and has so much more to his game, he has more ability than gerrard and I think we can all agree will be a better player

Some cheeky utd scout is saying utd should be going all out to sign Barkley & Shaw!

I honestly don't think Barkley has any intention of leaving any time soon.

Who's he's agent by the way? usually them mongrels make these decisions these days.

from playing with a bunch of 14 year olds out of which almost all of them will fail to make it the top level to playing regularly week in week out in the premier league is a massive step up, and england does not exactly have a reputation of producing passing maestros does it. i would argue that Will Hughes and Ravel Morrison are both very good passers at u21 level mind.

speak much spanish do you pal? Nice one...

i think he has a good passing range, his long passes can be accurate and measured although can improve on his decision on when to to go short or long, not a problem however as he will obviously learn through experience.

1 touch and short intricate passes and one twos in and around the box... not so much. now thats not much of a huge issue for me, i see him as a deeper midfield player who can drive forward with his power and athleticism. but let me ask you do you see him as a no 10 or a centre mid in the future...

Don't need to speak spanish, to see Ross Barkley make the back page of a Spanish paper. Bit weird if you think I need to be spanish,to notice this.

So now standing out at all age levels, is nothing. Deluded you, pal. Hence Ross ALWAYS playing at older age levels. Such was his ability, with the ball.

Ravel has only just learnt to pass the ball, always has been a ball-greed. Will Hughes looks very good, also a very good passer.

Ross Barkley is a very very good passer. You have to be blind to think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.