Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16 Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with @davek. I also don't believe that every team left can win it. I wouldn't give Morocco or Croatia a prayer. I very much doubt the Dutch will win it. I think it highly unlikely the Argentinians will win it. England, to me, are a long shot.

I suspect Holland, Argentina, and England "could" win it - but not Morocco or this Croatian side, game as they are. Brazil are clear favourites to me because their side of the draw is, in my view, that bit easier than France's. Portugal have an easier route than the French. So, one of those three for me.
I completely agree.

Morocco celebrate their win by taunting the Spanish press who'd been calling the the UN team because of the number of players born outside Morocco:

"The UN team defeated Franco's grandchildren and the Inquisition!"

moroc1.webp

Sofyan Amrabat posted this on twitter:

moroc2.webp

To be fair, that Gavi image is pretty much on the money. We heard an awful lot of talk about Gavi and Pedri. I didn't see a whole lot to justify it in the end. As the picture suggests, they had their way with him...

Spain are the kind of team that will have 83% of the ball, create a few, miss them all, lose on penalties, and cry that they were superior in defeat and it's all a travesty.

They've been doing this since 2014 and nothing seems to have been learned. In the absence of a cutting edge, it's possession for possession's sake - a triumph of packaging over content. Fetish football.
“Football was unjust again,” Ferran Torres said. “The way it happened is cruel,” Marcos Llorente said. “We’re out on penalties, in the cruellest way,” Sergio Busquets said.

Fernando Santos won the Euro in 2016 - and Ronaldo, great as he was, was AWOL for the final. Santos has big capital as a result. He'll do what he wants and he really doesn't pander to Ronaldo if he feels he weakens the side in some way.
Tbf, he got hurt in the final early on and was subbed off as a result, correct? Tough to not be AWOL when you’re off injured

That was out of context. The point being made by @Drico was that France were vulnerable in their half of the draw because they then had Spain thrown their way. My view was and is that they have nothing to fear from Spain, England or Portugal.

If I were to reassess that now I'd obviously just say that only Portugal on last night's evidence will be a significant threat to a Brazil v France cup final.
Have you re-assessed yet?

Current odds:

Argentina 35%
France 26%
England 20%
Croatia 9%
Morroco 8%

England and France still to play out, of course - the winner of that should go favourite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back