Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16 Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved that goal.

It was like Messi suddenly decided to make an impact. Pressed to win the throw in, wound up the defender who then commits the foul, Messi free kick that isn’t properly cleared and then he slots.
Can't stand him, the little you know what !

As in this afternoon's match, you can stick a fork in this one too even if it's only half-time. Australia are out of their depth.

Lovely finish but a top keeper gets to that. Argentina will need to improve a lot to win. Can see them getting to the semifinals
Definitely not the best Argentina team I’ve seen, when you consider it wasn’t that long ago they had the likes of Veron, Batistuta, Crespo, Aguero, Sorin, Mascherano, Riquelme, Samuel, Ayala, Tevez, Higuain, Zabaleta etc

Definitely not the best Argentina team I’ve seen, when you consider it wasn’t that long ago they had the likes of Veron, Batistuta, Crespo, Aguero, Sorin, Mascherano, Riquelme, Samuel, Ayala, Tevez, Higuain, Zabaleta etc
The team Maradona carried in 86 weren't too good either.

What they have going for them is the draw. They avoid the strong European teams until the final. They would be underdogs against England, France or Spain. Think they will squeak past the Dutch though

I don’t know that I’ve ever come across someone who doesn’t like Messi…. Except Ronaldo, of course!
I'm not a fan.

Not his fault either. I just hate people banging on about anything.

The narrative of that goal is that it was a great individual goal. It was a team goal! The lay off to him before his shot was the best part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back