Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16 Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays most likely outcome has come to pass. Tomorrows 'hot tip' is France and England.
Tomorrow strikes me as more intriguing. Yes, France should beat Poland with comfort on all known form, but they at least have Lewandowski and a smattering of talent. Senegal are African champions and, even if they are missing some huge players, have some quality. So, on a good night for them, they have a chance against England - if the likes of Maguire and Stones have a bad one. Today, however, was highly predictable. The Americans and Australians are honest as the days are long and deserved their qualification, but they reached their limits in getting through. Not a great day for the neutral.

Tomorrow strikes me as more intriguing. Yes, France should beat Poland with comfort on all known form, but they at least have Lewandowski and a smattering of talent. Senegal are African champions and, even if they are missing some huge players, have some quality. So, on a good night for them, they have a chance against England - if the likes of Maguire and Stones have a bad one. Today, however, was highly predictable. The Americans and Australians are honest as the days are long and deserved their qualification, but they reached their limits in getting through. Not a great day for the neutral.
Good thing is this Argentina side are decidedly ordinary bar a moment or two from a clearly hammered Messi. Like a waitrose Wales side. These'll get stuffed by the first above average side they meet. Shame it wont be England.

Good thing is this Argentina side are decidedly ordinary bar a moment or two from a clearly hammered Messi. Like a waitrose Wales side. These'll get stuffed by the first above average side they meet. Shame it wont be England.
There's a chance they only meet that side in the final. I see them as marginal favourites against the Dutch. And if it's Brazil in the last four then that'll be a toss up. France or Spain eat them in my view. England would beat them, too, I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back