• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I know for certain is that if England are to win this tournament they will have to beat one of France, Spain, Portugal or Germany in the final

😬😬😬😬😬
Yeah, but only one.

Now, compare with any of those sides. Take Germany. They will have to beat Spain, France/Portugal, and then Turkey, who will effectively be playing at home.

England have it handy.

Yeah, but only one.

Now, compare with any of those sides. Take Germany. They will have to beat Spain, France/Portugal, and then Turkey, who will effectively be playing at home.

England have it handy.
Southgate is very lucky man

Not that I think we will beat Switzerland with the way we are currently playing but you never know

Southgate is very lucky man

Not that I think we will beat Switzerland with the way we are currently playing but you never know
I genuinely think they'll make the final and have said so for weeks.

If Switzerland and Turkey is all that eventually stands between him and a final, I can see Southgate negotiating that. No major football nation on the planet would turn that route down. England should expect.

I genuinely think they'll make the final and have said so for weeks.

If Switzerland and Turkey is all that eventually stands between him and a final, I can see Southgate negotiating that. No major football nation on the planet would turn that route down. England should expect.
The Dutch looked very good today.

The only thing I know for certain is that if England are to win this tournament they will have to beat one of France, Spain, Portugal or Germany in the final

😬😬😬😬😬

Yes, sadly for Gareth he’s already played his once in a lifetime “play a gang of bums in a final” chip, you only get one of those unfortunately.

I don't really agree. I think they were playing a very mediocre side. I think Turkey will see them off.
Its not like Turkey looked very good either, they were dominated by 10 men Czechs last game, two corner goals here and that was pretty much it.
Think Netherlands should go through easily.

Its not like Turkey looked very good either, they were dominated by 10 men Czechs last game, two corner goals here and that was pretty much it.
Think Netherlands should go through easily.
Hang on a minute: the hipsters were telling us Austria was where it was at.

Nah, I take your point. But I think the Turks have a better collective spirit about them and fancy the Dutch to be under a bit more pressure. I'm not sure the Dutch will give the Turks the appropriate respect and they have a tendency to get a bit complacent at times.

A hunch tells me the Turks will have a go and get through, no more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back