Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switzerland surely favourites to win this match now. The Italians need two unanswered goals just to draw level.

One good week in 18 years is a simple sell, actually. Because it's basically true.
On one hand - true.

On another - they'd not lost in close to 40 games for that tournament win and collapsed heavily after that and are the team with the most successful qualifications for finals I believe.

That said, their collapse is much earlier this time around and that makes me almost as happy as it would make if England fail tonight.

z0Eh1B.gif

On one hand - true.

On another - they'd not lost in close to 40 games for that tournament win and collapsed heavily after that and are the team with the most successful qualifications for finals I believe.

That said, their collapse is much earlier this time around and that makes me almost as happy as it would make if England fail tonight.
Go back and have a look at the sides that constituted that 37-match run. There were a few big boys in there, but it is primarily San Marino, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Armenia, etc., in multiple matches. It's a classic example of lies, damn lies, and statistics. That run still didn't see them make the World Cup. They had a fine week in 2021 and squashed some minnows. Beyond that, people saw the shirt and drew the wrong conclusions.

With Italy and Germany going out on the same day, I feel tomorrow will be the moment where the hype train will crash out of the station, destination: Berlin.

The Italian Government gained special dispensation from the EU to ban the import of Swiss cheese back in 1997. Looks like the Swiss are finally about to serve up their revenge in the most delicious of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back