Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 8 (AKA The Quarter-Finals)

All the time in the world for the way in which England have made the semis.

Absolute piss boiling - hope England win their next 2 games as they have their last 2. Dangling hope to those with hatred in their hearts only to smack their arses.

I'll see you Wednesday, going to get my Memphis headband, orange top and Gullit wig ready.

All the expensive Tory biscuits in the world won't get the taste of missed, golden opportunity from your mouth.

I think that it's called being a supporter. In much the same way as the Scots support their country's team. In much the same way as the Welsh support their country's team. In much the same way as the Irish (Northern and Republic) support their country's teams. Is it difficult to understand?
You arent really allowed to show any National pride these days, cos everybody seems to think only racists like their country.

Im just an English football fan who wants to see England win a trophy, if we dont, I dont really care that much, England is just a part-time hobby every 2 years.

You arent really allowed to show any National pride these days, cos everybody seems to think only racists like their country.

Im just an English football fan who wants to see England win a trophy, if we dont, I dont really care that much, England is just a part-time hobby every 2 years.
You are allowed to show national pride as long as you are not English. It would seem that davek got banned for, amongst other things, the racist chat. However, if England were playing Turkey in the semi-final he would be pulling for Turkey. He is a very irrational chap.

So Barney Ronay is, generally, an overly loquacious corporate hack with very little football acumen, but 'stopped clocks' and all that...

He's extremely complimentary about JP here, beyond the save and across the whole tournament.

300,000 Germans have signed a petition asking for their QF v Spain to be replayed because of the hand ball incident. Could it be that they are the real international kopites?
It is a shame however that due to Gareth Southgate’s continuing achievement we likely wont get the Anthony Taylor experience again this tournament.

So Barney Ronay is, generally, an overly loquacious corporate hack with very little football acumen, but 'stopped clocks' and all that...

He's extremely complimentary about JP here, beyond the save and across the whole tournament.
He's grown on me a lot recently. I don't read him religiously but it seems like he doesn't tend to tow the usual media line on various things

I think that it's called being a supporter. In much the same way as the Scots support their country's team. In much the same way as the Welsh support their country's team. In much the same way as the Irish (Northern and Republic) support their country's teams. Is it difficult to understand?
IMG_3388.webp
Me after repeatedly calling Everton a bunch of crabs under Benitez and Lampard

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back