Rugby WC 23

Who's going to win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipp blue

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Only 28 days left.. not for the first time Ireland enter as number 1 in the world.. hopefully won't s$%t the bed again this time.

France will probably win it. Dont fancy any of the Southern hemisphere sides at the moment although NZ seem to have found something starting to click agsin.

Ireland's passage to the final is pretty awful (the whole side of the draw have it tough) and I'd imagine this will be the last WC where the seedings and draw is done 3 years out.

Havent enjoyed the last 3 or 4 WC's as its all just powerball, although Japan were a breath of fresh air on 2019. More of that please.

If Ireland can get all their key players to the 1/4's without too much damage then who knows. Tough though.

Only 28 days left.. not for the first time Ireland enter as number 1 in the world.. hopefully won't s$%t the bed again this time.

As much as I hope one of the 'home' countries win the All Blacks just seem to have that little something extra even if, currently, they are not the strongest team in the World.

But yes, it would be good to see Ireland push on and prove a point as to why the are No.1 at the moment 🍀

France will probably win it. Dont fancy any of the Southern hemisphere sides at the moment although NZ seem to have found something starting to click agsin.

Ireland's passage to the final is pretty awful (the whole side of the draw have it tough) and I'd imagine this will be the last WC where the seedings and draw is done 3 years out.

Havent enjoyed the last 3 or 4 WC's as its all just powerball, although Japan were a breath of fresh air on 2019. More of that please.

If Ireland can get all their key players to the 1/4's without too much damage then who knows. Tough though.
I thought the WC in Japan was one of the best tournaments I've watched, was a shame the saffers won as they were the only team in the quarter finals playing a boring game, which unfortunately set the tone for Union for the next four years.

I thought the WC in Japan was one of the best tournaments I've watched, was a shame the saffers won as they were the only team in the quarter finals playing a boring game, which unfortunately set the tone for Union for the next four years.
Yeah there was some cracking matches - ENG v NZ was actually a really good game but Powerball wins out in the end, which is a shame.

NZ have found that bit of physicality that had been missing for a while.

Yeah there was some cracking matches - ENG v NZ was actually a really good game but Powerball wins out in the end, which is a shame.
The group games in the Japan/Eire/Scotland group aswell, even with the cancelled games the tournament really lit up.

The tedium of having to endure erasmus for years after because of his world cup win is one of sports greatest disappointments.

Ireland & France definite favourites.

Ireland also seem a different animal in the last 2 years, in terms of their desire to get over the line.

Can see the possibility of South Africa but I think a lot of teams have got used to their physicality now and with European teams playing them in competition rugby regularly will have nullified a lot of the advantage they had when it came to International competition.

New Zealand do look improved but it may be too early for them to be right up there with Ireland & France.

I am hopeful that England can put on a good show but not confident.

No idea who'll win but it won't be the privileged public schoolboys this time. I'll be in touch with my Irish half this time.

I'm English but cant see the whole squad surviving the tournament given their respective ages let alone win it. Dads Army team!

Cant see this being anything but a power smash World Cup with little room for finesse but maybe the French backs will save the day and entertain us a bit.

Got the chance of a ticket for an England group game but think I'll save my cash for a trip to the Olympics next year instead.

Tend to prefer club rugby nowadays over Internationals. Went to "Twickers" a few years ago and was entirely surrounded by posh boys and girls who knew collectively f all about rugby so that was me done! Go to watch Tigers a few times a year if I can and its a good afternoon out with proper rugby fans.

A lot of cautious optimism for Ireland within the country . They've a chance without a doubt,the worry is at 10, Sexton is good and is very capable to set up a platform to win against any side. His age and fitness levels for the whole tournament is the big question.
I'd certainly be taking Jack Crowley as cover, think he is the pick of the candidates to replace Sexton if needed, might be a little early to expect him to play at the level that will be needed to win the tournament , for all my Irish mates I hope they come through tho the stick I will be taking down at Young Munster will be savage !.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back