Rugby World Cup 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don’t appear to have that prone to painful disaster that every other Scottish sportsperson ever has.
I think Ireland should be okay against them, mainly because Ireland seem to be incredibly well-coached - still a tricky group mind, that big South African winger Scotland have is a right beast

They don’t appear to have that prone to painful disaster that every other Scottish sportsperson ever has.
Scotland are not quite a one man team with the likes of van der Merwe and Jamie Ritchie , but their whole game pivots on one man, Finn Russell to release both backs and forward . It’s hard to see them ( or anybody for that matter) getting past the juggernaut that is the Boks in their first game , then it’ll hinge on their final game against Ireland. If they can go into that injury free and with a couple of wins against Tonga/ Romania then they could be in with a chance. They really need to start to achieve with this talented squad .

Just to point out that Rugby League is a real sport as futsal is and the only people who care about Rugby League are wools and bogans. Thank you everyone and let’s hope rugby is the winner at this forthcoming World Cup event.
What are your thoughts on the girly version of Rugby they play in Murica with all the steriods, wife beating and shoulder pads?

For me the favourites are

1) Ireland (Best team in the world according to rankings)

2) France ( Home team and a very good team)

3) SA ( defending champs)

4) All blacks ( never write them off )

Everyone else is making up the numbers especially England who have really gone down hill

I hope England are eliminated at the group stage just so it will force change at the RFU

Even the U20 lost to Georgia which is just unthinkable also clubs going bankrupt too the RFU needs a house clean and a poor England performance might prompt it

Scotland are not quite a one man team with the likes of van der Merwe and Jamie Ritchie , but their whole game pivots on one man, Finn Russell to release both backs and forward . It’s hard to see them ( or anybody for that matter) getting past the juggernaut that is the Boks in their first game , then it’ll hinge on their final game against Ireland. If they can go into that injury free and with a couple of wins against Tonga/ Romania then they could be in with a chance. They really need to start to achieve with this talented squad .
Is that McVan der Merwe ?

For me the favourites are

1) Ireland (Best team in the world according to rankings)

2) France ( Home team and a very good team)

3) SA ( defending champs)

4) All blacks ( never write them off )

Everyone else is making up the numbers especially England who have really gone down hill

I hope England are eliminated at the group stage just so it will force change at the RFU

Even the U20 lost to Georgia which is just unthinkable also clubs going bankrupt too the RFU needs a house clean and a poor England performance might prompt it
I think I’d probably swap Ireland with SA personally, but maybe that’s just my Everton pessimism creeping into other teams I support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back