Rumour: New badge for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This :P

EVERBADGE_zps313fcb41.jpg

Prepare to be amazed with what they could do with a logo when i get back onto my computer with vengance.

Does anyone know , seeing as Everton ( st domingos ) came first in the city of Liverpool , why we never used any Liver birds imagery , or pier head / dockside /heritage image on the club badge? and wouldnt it be dead wierd if it was /has?
What other images of the city would be good on the badge?

I love the Dixie era bagde. The EFC ontop of each other.

Tried to find a reall good clear version for a tattoo, but cant.

Does anyone know , seeing as Everton ( st domingos ) came first in the city of Liverpool , why we never used any Liver birds imagery , or pier head / dockside /heritage image on the club badge? and wouldnt it be dead wierd if it was /has?
What other images of the city would be good on the badge?

We got title winning medals cast with the Liver Bird on it in 1891, but we never took the civic icon as ours because, basically, the civic identity wasn't as fiercely held back in the last few decades of the 19th Century as local district identity. Everton district was an enormous part of what then constituted Liverpool (a borough at the time made up of districts). It was the hub of football in that borough and so ateam taking its name was very logical and very prestigious (other teams - including the early red noses - tried to take it but failed).

I kind of like the badge as it is, I don't see the point in changing it. But if they do change it, I would prefer the mid 80's style badge, rather than any of the others

We got title winning medals cast with the Liver Bird on it in 1891, but we never took the civic icon as ours because, basically, the civic identity wasn't as fiercely held back in the last few decades of the 19th Century as local district identity. Everton district was an enormous part of what then constituted Liverpool (a borough at the time made up of districts). It was the hub of football in that borough and so ateam taking its name was very logical and very prestigious (other teams - including the early red noses - tried to take it but failed).

Cheers for info , Dave very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back