Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, coz he could see this coming couldn’t he. Don’t see many people complaining 5 years ago about it. Rich owner, new ground, spend loads of dosh. Doeasnt work out, war in Russia. Now comments like this. Take your hindsight & shove it………………………………

some people are f n thick mate aren’t they!

If, big if, Usmanov, or even Abramovic for that matter, are 'that' close to Putin, surely they would have had advance notice of his plans and moved money and assets out of reach?
If so then sanctions are theatre, no more.
If not, then it would indicate a disconnect between Putin and the oligarchs making the sanctions futile.
It's how we are these days, rather than do something effective, we pretend to do something for the media 'likes' and ignorant seal clapping approval.
It's a stain of a situation from all sides and the actual victims are the innocent as ever.

Juan this was my thinking too.

I reckon Putin said this is what I’m doing, and they thought, we’ll we can’t stop you or we’re toast.

Oligarchs like money, and expensive tastes. Going along with the invasion for them is the lesser of two evils maybe?

Don’t want to get poked with an umbrella like.

I watched this probably 8 months ago..

Lads, if you can do documentaries, I’d recommend watching it.

In one scene Putin is sitting at a table of Oligarchs to resolve some trade disputes and he’s annoyed.

He summoned them because they were stalling on signing an agreement or something. He makes one guy get up and come and sign it there and then. The bloke says he hasn’t got a pen, and Putin pulls one out and hands it to him.

He signs it then walks off and and Putin calls him back and says “you still have my pen”.

Mentalists.

I know the relationship with Usmanov has been close, probably closer than it should be, but the way some journalists are suddenly carrying on you'd think he was going to be playing centre forward for us tonight.

I know the relationship with Usmanov has been close, probably closer than it should be, but the way some journalists are suddenly carrying on you'd think he was going to be playing centre forward for us tonight.
They’ll be wanting us banned from playing soon.

Yup. I don't think people fully realise the potential consequences of what has just happened. Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, Sunderland...Everton. If ever we could do with a "Good ebenig, Jim" moment from "Farhad", then now is probably that time...
It goes a lot further than this mate.. what you won't hear though I bet is about the Russian money in the premier league. To say there isn't a huge sum is denial.

I watched this probably 8 months ago..

Lads, if you can do documentaries, I’d recommend watching it.

In one scene Putin is sitting at a table of Oligarchs to resolve some trade disputes and he’s annoyed.

He summoned them because they were stalling on signing an agreement or something. He makes one guy get up and come and sign it there and then. The bloke says he hasn’t got a pen, and Putin pulls one out and hands it to him.

He signs it then walks off and and Putin calls him back and says “you still have my pen”.

Mentalists.
Wow. I can just imagine that as a movie scene with Peter Sellers in the role of Putin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back