Saha says what we are all thinking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFS my work has blocked Teamtalk for some reason. What does it say?

Louis Saha has blamed Everton's sluggish start to the Premier League season on a lack of squad strengthening in the summer window.

The Toffees are 16th in England's top flight, four points above third-from-bottom Wigan following their weekend loss to Arsenal.

Manager David Moyes was quiet in the summer transfer market as the club tightened their purse strings, landing Royston Drenthe on loan after Mikel Arteta left for the Gunners.

Everton picked up James McFadden and Marcus Hahnemann on free transfers, Denis Stracqualursi and Eric Dier joined on loan while Jermaine Beckford, Yakubu and James Vaughan were all sold.

Saha has labelled the club's decision to sell Arteta and replace him with Drenthe from Real Madrid as 'disturbing'.

"We had a very difficult start to the season," he told France Football. "Financial issues didn't allow us to have a real strengthening campaign. Indirectly, it has an impact.

"When a player like Drenthe came at the last moment and Arteta left, it is disturbing. We had to find our bearings again."

It has been an up and down season on the pitch for Saha as he irked Moyes after storming out of Goodison Park having been omitted from their matchday squad to face Wigan in September.

The former Manchester United striker admits there was tension between the two, although the situation has been resolved following talks.

"My relationship with the coach? It's logical there are small tensions," he continued. "Being banned from the group? May be he wanted to provoke me.

"The most important is we had explanations I needed. Now I am playing again.

Saha has also expressed his regret at not playing more for France during his career with injuries severely hindering his availability.

The 33-year-old is now able to manage his body enabling him to play more, although he is now unlikely to add to the 19 caps he has for Les Bleus.

"Do I have regrets toward French team? Yes, as I could not fully express due to injuries.

"There is frustration with 2006 WC and 2004 Euro. Now there is a new generation.

"But as long as I will remain a player, I will not give up hope.

"My knees? I have succeeded in finding a routine, even if football remains a contact sport.

"I've finally learned to manage myself. Being 33 I can't achieve the same things I did before. In the past, I always played instinctively.

"Now there are more managed runs, fewer useless gestures. I am more focused on efficiency."[/I]

Cheers for that

Technically what he has said is true. However, he has missed out the part where he apologises for being generally rubbish this season.

Technically what he has said is true. However, he has missed out the part where he apologises for being generally rubbish this season.

Couldn't agree more mate, but at least he isn't towing the line and coming out singing from the same hymn sheet like a lot of the other guys i.e. Cahill and Jags etc etc etc.

"My relationship with the coach? It's logical there are small tensions," he continued. "Being banned from the group? May be he wanted to provoke me.

Dident work then

Cheers for that

Mario Gomez would look just as sh*t up front for us this season mate. Saha is being asked to do an impossible job.

Sick of hearing about how we have no money being the reason we are so ****e. We are ****e because the players CBA. After reading that Levante comparison I'm not having it anymore.

The interesting thing for me is that he says he's given up on useless runs (ie. chasing down hoofballs into the corners) to preserve his knees. Beckford was dispatched for less and Moyes did do his nut over Saha's lack of work rate at the Emirates. If Louis is unwilling or unable to play the Marcus Bent role, then his chances of a new contract must be slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.