Salford City Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooperman

Player Valuation: £10m
On NW tonight beofre and on the verge of being wound up...

Moved last year from a crumbling old stadium in the heart of their traditional fanbase to a new complex out of town, which has poor transport links.

Now they are getting less revenue per game than they did before the move. As noone is going to the matches.

On this note, would the Kirkby Project put us under?
I think this goes to show we had a lucky escape!

SKM7534.jpg

Looks in the middle of nowhere.

Its actually in a really god location, just by the Trafford Centre off the M60. It's tough for them because they've got half a dozen decent teams within 20 miles of them and a few of them are the best around. Much tougher market in rugby league than any other sport I reckon.

On NW tonight beofre and on the verge of being wound up...

Moved last year from a crumbling old stadium in the heart of their traditional fanbase to a new complex out of town, which has poor transport links.

Now they are getting less revenue per game than they did before the move. As noone is going to the matches.

On this note, would the Kirkby Project put us under?
I think this goes to show we had a lucky escape!

No it doesn't. Kirkby is 10 minutes drive from Goodison with rail, bus and excellent road transport links to Liverpool.

You're comparing chalk and cheese.

Its actually in a really god location, just by the Trafford Centre off the M60. It's tough for them because they've got half a dozen decent teams within 20 miles of them and a few of them are the best around. Much tougher market in rugby league than any other sport I reckon.

That's EXACTLY what would have done for us.

The mancs and the sh1te in footballing terms live in our backyard add in Chelsea etc on the telly and we'd have been dead in the water if we hadn't come out the traps flying.

People would have gone for the first season and if we'd played the usual sh1te the excuse "not really EFC out there anyway" would have been the perfect excuse not to renew ST's.

That's EXACTLY what would have done for us.

The mancs and the sh1te in footballing terms live in our backyard add in Chelsea etc on the telly and we'd have been dead in the water if we hadn't come out the traps flying.

People would have gone for the first season and if we'd played the usual sh1te the excuse "not really EFC out there anyway" would have been the perfect excuse not to renew ST's.

Are blues really that fickle?

Are blues really that fickle?

fans are fans mate, we're fortunate to have a history that's banked up a huge fanbase but I go back as far as the 60s when we were the biggest and best supported in the city, is it the same now?

Success is everything and with our ageing fanbase the removal of Goodison Park,the last link with those days, would open a can of worms regarding the board, possible new owners and surrendering the city to the RS.

The OP cites a fair example.

Status
Not open for further replies.