Salford v Everton - Saturday 27th July 2024 - 3pm

McNeil, I have said before he is a nothing player. Offers zilch
Yeah he's absolutely awful in an attacking sense tbf. One-footed, slow, rarely bothers shooting (but when he does he looks good, so maybe he's thick for not remembering that), can't find a killer pass.

It's obvious both him and Harrison are in the side each week as we've got absolutely diabolical full back options and these two lads ads basically a set of wing backs playing ahead of the full backs who are told they aren't to get more than 60% up the field.

I kind of disagree, in terms of hold up play, I think against Liverpool that was his best performance in that department, don’t forget this was once a lad who some nicknamed Bambi for his clumsiness and loose control.

He’s not world class or a great player, he’s just a good solid centre forward. I think he’s vital to the way we play but if we could replace him with someone who can score and his all round game, sell him in a heartbeat.

He can win Headers and he can hold it up, that's about it.

He is absolutely woeful and has been for years ( bar the odd game)

Anyone who's saying otherwise in 2024 is lying to themselves.

I don’t disagree with you, think he’s vital to the way we play unfortunately. His hold up play and how he can win headers is really good. He doesn’t have the support of players around him to make him effective in that department either.

If we can get someone in with his heading ability and hold up play but can put the chances away, sell in a heart beat. We haven’t got anyone better than him cos Beto and Maupay are the pits.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back