Salford v Everton - Saturday 27th July 2024 - 3pm

After today's loss some on here are already doom and glooming...

Maybe the Book of Revelations is more applicale?

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked, and behold a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was death,
and hell followed with him"

😱
Pretty sure it was Johnny Ringo that said that my son.

God bless.
1000017570.jpg

When it's against a Real Madrid X1 i'd agree. This was Salford though.
And it was predominantly an U21 side that finished out the game and conceded the goals.

Senior professional sides will usually beat academy / youth teams from the leagues above them. It wouldn't be an upset for senior Conference North/South level sides to beat them. It may have only been L2 Salford but you're underestimating the massive gap between senior and youth football.

Had no phone reception at all yesterday, so couldn't follow the game ... who scored for us? How crap were we, who's fault was it we lost?

Cheers

Do you honestly see another premiere league team lose to Salford?

Do me a favour
A predominantly U21 side 3 weeks before the season starts. Absolutely.

I've seen a PL side or two with plenty of first teamers get dumped out of the FA Cup by League 2 sides so a predominantly U21 side conceding a couple after 9 subs isn't a massive shock. Have a look at the EFL Trophy and how well PL U21 sides do in that.

You just don't get it do you, we have played 2 very poor low level teams and nearly got beat in the 2 we have played, we are not stringing passes together, we dont look like scoring as last season.

All this it's minutes in the tank, load of rubbish, players have been working through the summer we have been told, they have been back doing the hard yards with Dyche and Co for the past 3 weeks, as well as doing the famous Gaffas day, so fitness wise should not be an issue.

These are supposedly top premiere league players, so why are they not showing their superiority against these poor teams?

Do you honestly see another premiere league team lose to Salford?

Do me a favour
Christ :lol:

Why do people seem to have this mad perception of us being the only club that suffers defeats to lower league opposition during pre season? the 'top' clubs lose these matches as well - you only have to take a look at some of the pre season results across the rest of the Prem clubs over this weekend to see that...

It. Means. Nothing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.