Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Improved? in what way have we improved? football style? improved going the game enjoyment?...four places?...kin ell pick anyone who watches footy on Walton Hall park on a Sunday could do equally as average as fat boy..Hes totally kin clueless.. despise looking down on him slobbing on the touchline and lashing his chewy on the pitch..the kin slob..

He took over with us in 13th place. We are now in 9th place = improvement

We didn't win an away game in the league from our win in January 2017 to November when he took over (8 months of actual football). We now have 2 away wins in 4.5 months = improvement

Under Koeman and Unsworth, we had to fight for every draw and win we got (except for Split and Sunderland at home under RK and West Ham under DU). Split and Sunderland are not Premier League Level standard either. Under Allardyce we have beaten Huddersfield, Swansea, Brighton and Crystal Palace by 2 clear goals = improvement

We brought in Walcott and Tosun from Champions League/Europa League clubs in January, both contributing positively since they have arrived = improvement

I predict some will try and spin this as me claiming he has done great, which i'm not, just pointing out that to suggest there is no improvement under him is not true.

I'm confused by your position here, you say you want Allardyce gone at the end of the season but seemingly won't hear a word against him? We're staying up, the football is awful. That about sum it up?

I will hear a word against him. I just can't go along with this bizarre bandwagon view that he's the worst manager ever and that taking us from 13th to 9th isn't an improvement.

I will hear a word against him. I just can't go along with this bizarre bandwagon view that he's the worst manager ever and that taking us from 13th to 9th isn't an improvement.
Outside the top 4 or 5 teams its the worst standard of footy in a generation..its a kin dire standard...so id say no he hasnt improved us...its no bandwagon...its from match going Evertonians.. some going the game religiously since 1971 and before... hes got lucky in a few games that could easily of gone the other way...its a dreadful experience going the game and the kin lot of then from Kenwright through to gravy boy need binning off...coz if it doesnt happen I dread to think were we are heading..hes deserves nothing...

But he is the worst manager ever and he’s a fraud.

And he stinks of Bisto.

And he buddys-up with that onion-faced gerbil Samual Lee.l

Outside the top 4 or 5 teams its the worst standard of footy in a generation..its a kin dire standard...so id say no he hasnt improved us...its no bandwagon...its from match going Evertonians.. some going the game religiously since 1971 and before... hes got lucky in a few games that could easily of gone the other way...its a dreadful experience going the game and the kin lot of then from Kenwright through to gravy boy need binning off...coz if it doesnt happen I dread to think were we are heading..hes deserves nothing...

Almost finished with defending him for tonight, but can this not be said for many matches in Football? I agree he has had luck in certain games but so did Unsworth in the Watford win and Palace draw. Koeman got lucky against Bournemouth. Wolves played Cardiff last week with Cardiff missing 2 injury time penalties. Madrid relied on a 97th minute penalty tonight. None of the 'luck' element matters more than the final result. In most games you can look back at moments and say if this and if that.

We didn't win an away game in the league from our win in January 2017 to November when he took over (8 months of actual football). We now have 2 away wins in 4.5 months = improvement

Under Koeman and Unsworth, we had to fight for every draw and win we got (except for Split and Sunderland at home under RK and West Ham under DU). Split and Sunderland are not Premier League Level standard either. Under Allardyce we have beaten Huddersfield, Swansea, Brighton and Crystal Palace by 2 clear goals = improvement

We brought in Walcott and Tosun from Champions League/Europa League clubs in January, both contributing positively since they have arrived = improvement

I predict some will try and spin this as me claiming he has done great, which i'm not, just pointing out that to suggest there is no improvement under him is not true.
Isn't this just splitting hairs though? Statistically we have improved, fine. Is what we are seeing good enough? Does it give you hope for the future? If the answer to either of those questions is no, then who cares if we are marginally better? Certainly not the majority of fans on this forum. Being the best out of Koeman, Unsworth or Allardyce has never been anyone's ambition. Ever. (Except maybe Sam Allardyce)

Almost finished with defending him for tonight, but can this not be said for many matches in Football? I agree he has had luck in certain games but so did Unsworth in the Watford win and Palace draw. Koeman got lucky against Bournemouth. Wolves played Cardiff last week with Cardiff missing 2 injury time penalties. Madrid relied on a 97th minute penalty tonight. None of the 'luck' element matters more than the final result. In most games you can look back at moments and say if this and if that.

You're sane, have balanced views and use logical reasoning to form an opinion. Don't expect many people on here to agree with you.

They're not interested in the truth, just what they want to believe.

Bu

But is that (fractional) improvement because of him?

We had harder games at the start of the season we have barely improved under fat head. There is nothing but mediocrity at best down for us if he stays.

Just a warm reminder from our ambitious majority shareholder to you all.

Going nowhere lads. ;)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...arhad-moshiri-explains-sam-allardyce-13978656

Farhad Moshiri explains why Sam Allardyce is perfect for Everton as he's confirmed as new boss
The 63-year-old has been confirmed as the club's new manager on an 18 month contract

Everton major shareholder Farhad Moshiri has explained why he believes Sam Allardyce is the perfect man to take the club forward.

The 63-year-old has been confirmed as the new permanent Blues manager on an 18-month contract after over five weeks of searching since the sacking of Ronald Koeman in October.

Allardyce was in attendance at Goodison Park on Wednesday night to watch his new side comfortably beat West Ham 4-0 in what was David Unsworth's last game in caretaker charge of the club.

And Moshiri has confirmed that Allardyce's strong motivational skills were a big factor in him becoming the club's new manager - and he believes that the new boss shares the same ambitions as him for Everton's future.

Moshiri told the club's official website: “I’m delighted to confirm Sam as our new manager. His strong leadership will bring great motivation and get the best out of players.

“Sam understands the long-term ambitions we have for this great Club and I know he is a man who gives it his all and is focused 24 hours a day on the Club.

“Evertonians are the most passionate and best fans in the world and when the Club does badly we all suffer. But in football everything changes very quickly, so I hope this will help to propel us to where we should be."

Everton's majority shareholder also took time to thank caretaker boss David Unsworth for all he's done for the club over the last few weeks.

Moshiri added: “I would like to put on record our thanks as a Club to David Unsworth for stepping up when we needed him over the last few weeks. He is a real Evertonian, embodying the commitment, pride and passion we all feel for the Club.”

So basically, it's this.

JS137659427.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back