Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just hoping there is a clause whereby if he's sacked this summer then we don't have to pay his full remaining 12 months. We know we initially wanted him for 6 months, and he demanded 18 months. Maybe there is a clause that means we pay him until Christmas (= total 12 months and not 18) should we decide not to keep him on.

Shame we've also got his extensive back room staff on the books though, including Walsh. They all need gutting out and we need to start again.

Unlikely though, I'd say. I reckon all the staff will still be here start of next season. There has been no indication whatsoever that the board is unhappy with Allardyce.

And who can blame him?

We were handing out contracts like 10p mixes for Koeman and Walsh and made a rod for our backs. Big Sam is no exception, saw how desperate we were and milked us like the sullen dead-eyed cow that we are.

If we shift him in the summer we'll have to pay big, not to mention the money we are still paying Koeman,

We want a top manager in but will we have pockets deep enough to prize someone away from a giant and pay their expected wages?
Big Sam isn't the reason for this terrible season like you've pointed out there.

Big Sam isn't the reason for this terrible season like you've pointed out there.

Agree and I honestly think if we'd stuck with Konman/Rhino that we'd be in the bottom 4 or 5 now. He came in, freshened things up, got it back to basics and we bucked up. You don't get wins against "big" clubs with Alladyce you get solid, percentage football. We knew we weren't going to smash Man City or the RS under him, he was hired to save us from the drop and he has.

Agree and I honestly think if we'd stuck with Konman/Rhino that we'd be in the bottom 4 or 5 now. He came in, freshened things up, got it back to basics and we bucked up. You don't get wins against "big" clubs with Alladyce you get solid, percentage football. We knew we weren't going to smash Man City or the RS under him, he was hired to save us from the drop and he has.
This.

I am just hoping there is a clause whereby if he's sacked this summer then we don't have to pay his full remaining 12 months. We know we initially wanted him for 6 months, and he demanded 18 months. Maybe there is a clause that means we pay him until Christmas (= total 12 months and not 18) should we decide not to keep him on.

Shame we've also got his extensive back room staff on the books though, including Walsh. They all need gutting out and we need to start again.

Unlikely though, I'd say. I reckon all the staff will still be here start of next season. There has been no indication whatsoever that the board is unhappy with Allardyce.

There won't be any indication, other than briefings to favoured journalists, Dominic King being one, that his position is under review and that change may be in the offing. King also wrote a quite damning synopsis on the season and that could be just another hint.

The clubs stance is that they have nothing to say until they have something to say. Speculation and opinion is for others. As it is ever thus with these things. If he gets sacked, they'll tell us.

For sure. but after that Southampton game we were in real trouble, look at them now for instance. You cannot say the 8 run we went on wasn't anything to do with him, that run allowed us to breath man. What's the problem in admitting he was needed?
Don't think he was needed nor will I ever think he was, he has come in and done a half assed job and been paid handsomely for it, I don't believe that can be classed as him 'helping us'.

He's done marginally better than Koeman who had a much more difficult run of games without the players in key areas that Allardyce has.

Steve Walsh did not get Koeman the striker and pace out wide that the squad badly needed. Allardyce has had that as well as Coleman available again and just barely improved things.

Big Scam has not done a thing that Koeman wouldn't have done if he'd have been given the January window to correct the problems in the squad.

He's done marginally better than Koeman who had a much more difficult run of games without the players in key areas that Allardyce has.

Steve Walsh did not get Koeman the striker and pace out wide that the squad badly needed. Allardyce has had that as well as Coleman available again and just barely improved things.

Big Scam has not done a thing that Koeman wouldn't have done if he'd have been given the January window to correct the problems in the squad.
you including the europa games in koemans tenure this season? ;)

Well you just mentioned Catterick Kendall teams so you're making out you've seen them play which leads to the conclusion you are an older generation fan. Right? Or are you just saying previous managers names to somehow make your point valid?

Your 'argument' against Big Sam doesn't hold much weight as it's just your personal beef with the guy. You don't like him which is different from acknowledging he helped the club out, like he has done with his track record for teams in trouble. Big Sam has done his job, the only one he can and kept our wish-wash squad afloat. There is no denying that. so deal with it chumley ;)

OK mate. You follow your own narrative and have a good time with it. :hayee:

you including the europa games in koemans tenure this season? ;)

What they suddenly don't count do they? Koeman was playing without a striker and with no pace in the team. He was seriously hamstrung in every game he went into. Scam has had things available that Koeman did not and what has he done? Won the home games you'd expect us to win anyway? Beat a 10-man Stoke away?

Marginally improved but at what cost? Set a record twice for the least amount of possession in a match. Went five games with two shots on target?

The man is a charlatan who blagged his way into this job and has embarrassed us every time he's been opened his mouth in front of a camera or journalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back