Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
'sright. Is it too late to add "lately"?
No it’s not
The reason imo he hasn’t been kept on anywhere is because of his dinosaur tactics.
When he was first mooted for the Everton Job there was a piec on him and his tactics on SSN
Basically it was
A tight defence.
Get the ball upfield quickly
Win second balls
Pressure opponents on their half but retreat if they are in yours.
Make the most of corners and free kicks.
That will only work for so long

o okay, but you believe we play attractive football under Sam right?
I think you're seeing little green men where they don't exist mate. Give your head a wobble or take an hour or two away from the site.;)

Come back refreshed and ready to wage war in the real Sam acolytes.

I suspect you're right mate.

What do you think will happen when the manager & players do the customary lap of appreciation.?

You have a choice (assuming that you are there) either clap the players on their "lap of honour", or leave the ground to go home. I shall do the latter. No problem with that is there? Of course if you are not there you can demonstrate in front of your telly, throw a fit or whatever you like.

There are so many permutations about Everton at the moment. Does Mosh stick with Sam. Is Brands coming and Walsh going? Stadium size and funding? New CEO? Is BK going? No official comment on anything from the club.

My personal feeling is that the Manager we want is in a job and until that person signs Sam is here. He has a contract that will have to be paid whether we sack him today or in a month. Leave him there until new manager is secured. If we can’t secure a suitable candidate then he stays.

There are so many permutations about Everton at the moment. Does Mosh stick with Sam. Is Brands coming and Walsh going? Stadium size and funding? New CEO? Is BK going? No official comment on anything from the club.

My personal feeling is that the Manager we want is in a job and until that person signs Sam is here. He has a contract that will have to be paid whether we sack him today or in a month. Leave him there until new manager is secured. If we can’t secure a suitable candidate then he stays.

That all sounds reasonable until the last sentence. If all the managers talked about on here are unavailable as you say, are you really suggesting we should stick with this goon in favour of a manager who is out of work and hence available and who we were prepared to pay 15 million quid compensation for only 6 months ago?

You have a choice (assuming that you are there) either clap the players on their "lap of honour", or leave the ground to go home. I shall do the latter. No problem with that is there? Of course if you are not there you can demonstrate in front of your telly, throw a fit or whatever you like.
Are you having a pop at fans that don't go to the game mate?

That all sounds reasonable until the last sentence. If all the managers talked about on here are unavailable as you say, are you really suggesting we should stick with this goon in favour of a manager who is out of work and hence available and who we were prepared to pay 15 million quid compensation for only 6 months ago?

There may be a target in mind rather than multiple targets. I said that I don't think Silva is on the radar, and that may very well be the case. The decision in Moshiri's anyway, and lets not forget he's brought in Allardyce against the wishes - allegedly - of the majority of fans.

There may be a target in mind rather than multiple targets. I said that I don't think Silva is on the radar, and that may very well be the case. The decision in Moshiri's anyway, and lets not forget he's brought in Allardyce against the wishes - allegedly - of the majority of fans.

If you read nickDtoffee's post. I was answering his unlikely hypothetical scenario about all targets being unavailable and if it was down to a choice would he prefer Allardyce to Silva?

I see there are more quotes from him in the Red Echo about his meeting with Moshiri being positive etc and preparation for next season.

There’s Moshiris ambition.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back