Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dismissive? You just said you enjoyed buzzing off the blue union?? Glass houses mate.

I'm challenging your narrative on an open forum. And you're challenging me. I don't see the issue.

I am never going to agree with Allardyce or Bill supporters, but I find it embarassing when I see posts like yours from genuine Evertonians who are actually saying to the rest of us to get back in our boxes. Know your place nonsense is a large reason why we are crap.

Ha ha to be fair I did.

Your not really though your trying to stereotype an aspect of the fan base as someone who can see value in Allardyce as lumped in with a skint former regeime and create a tangent of lacking ambitition. They are your own pidgin holes mate. What any of those things have to do do with a debate about the manager is irrelevant.its desicgned to undermine an opinion using your own stereotype. For me like I said we are all blues pulling in the same direction, just with dfferent opinions on the process

Again you are black and white here, I’m not particularly a Sam supporter, I can see the good and the bad, I am putting forward an alternative view point with context and reasons that might be good for Everton.

To be honest it’s just boring reading this thread, page after page of abuse and I don’t want Sam because I’m ambititious with very little points reason or contrasting views. Essentially he has done a good job regardless if he stays or goes. I’m not particularly pushed one way or the other, as I see the value in keeping or leaving given the prejudiced views.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion that it would be good for the club for him to see out his contract, but surely you must see that even if he starts next season with that intention, because he will be starting off with the majority of the fans feeling close to hatred towards him, as soon as there is a run of poor results his position will become untenable. The board will sack him and the players recruited in the summer may not suit the style of play of the next manager. making us more unstable than we are now.

The time to act is at seasons end. The days of the English style of Moyes, Allardyce, Dyche, soild defensive minded direct football should be consigned to the past. My opinion is that we should have a massive clear-out of the club from playing staff to manager and DOF to certain board members and aim for the fast paced passing style I mentioned earlier.

My sincere hope is that this is what the Mosh intends to do, we shall see.

As you mentioned stability is important, but stability is only possible if the foundations are solid. It's not until those foundations can be sorted can we move forward as a club all in the same direction.

Good post mate, I accept a lot of the above, I think there are pros and cons to him staying or going next season, I think we both put forward both sides of that perspective. Good to have a proper debate on the issue without posts getting personalized. It will all play out as it will.

Can an Allardyce fan tell me what the aim of his attacking set up is? With graphs if you like. What is his pattern of play going forward? I'd love to know because it looks like he sets up to get behind the ball and nick something with an individual moment from a forward. I haven't seen much evidence of offensive coaching(beyond launch it to isolated forwards) or pattern of play since he's been here. Which makes the idea that if he just got his own players in we will be better, ridiculous. A run of bad results and he will be out anyway. Keep him for next season he's out next summer. Whatever way I look at it, it is short termist regression to keep him.

Last edited:
Can an Allardyce fan tell me what the aim of his attacking set up is? With graphs if you like. What is his pattern of play going forward? I'd love to know because it looks like he sets up to get behind the ball and nick something with an individual moments from a forward. I haven't seen much evidence of offensive coaching(beyond launch it to isolated forwards) since he's been here. Which makes the idea that if he just got his own players in we will be better, ridiculous. A run of bad results and he will be out anyway. Keep him for next season he's out next summer. Whatever way I look at it is short termist regression to keep him.

Not sure he has any "fans" as such. Just a few who point out that he has done what he was hired to do.

As one who didnt mind his appointment at the time, I have to admit that how he conducts himself, and how he seemingly instructs players since it became obvious we would be ok, has been a massive disappointment.

Said it before, I can understand his retention, from an owners point of view, but as a fan, I would prefer a change, subject to a suitable replacement being available.

Not sure he has any "fans" as such. Just a few who point out that he has done what he was hired to do.

As one who didnt mind his appointment at the time, I have to admit that how he conducts himself, and how he seemingly instructs players since it became obvious we would be ok, has been a massive disappointment.

Said it before, I can understand his retention, from an owners point of view, but as a fan, I would prefer a change, subject to a suitable replacement being available.

Reasonable mate. I just want to know what the aim of his football is, because to me it looks directionaless. First half yesterday was utterly turgid. I thought he was a direct physical manager but now I'm not so sure. I think he is what he is a short term fix. Our problems obviously run deeper than him, but he needs to go with Walsh.

Reasonable mate. I just want to know what the aim of his football is, because to me it looks directionaless. First half yesterday was utterly turgid. I thought he was a direct physical manager but now I'm not so sure. I think he is what he is a short term fix. Our problems obviously run deeper than him, but he needs to go with Walsh.

His style? No idea mate. Like when I saw the side for Saturday, it looked ok. Balanced, solid in midfield, 2 wingers, ish, and a target man.

But nothing actually seemed to happen. MOTD, (second match iirc), had no more than 2 minutes for the 1st Half.

Dcg0_MsX0AAthn3
greatest Living liar ever......'koff

Can an Allardyce fan tell me what the aim of his attacking set up is? With graphs if you like. What is his pattern of play going forward? I'd love to know because it looks like he sets up to get behind the ball and nick something with an individual moment from a forward. I haven't seen much evidence of offensive coaching(beyond launch it to isolated forwards) or pattern of play since he's been here. Which makes the idea that if he just got his own players in we will be better, ridiculous. A run of bad results and he will be out anyway. Keep him for next season he's out next summer. Whatever way I look at it, it is short termist regression to keep him.

Remember when we signed Bolasie and Koemans initial tactics were to punt the ball to him?

That's precisely what Allardyce is trying to achieve but with Walcott, Tosun AND Bolasie.

Ive said it before and i'll say it again...he'd get us champions league with this innovative style of football.

You literally cant teach the nous and tactical genius the man possesses.

Remember when we signed Bolasie and Koemans initial tactics were to punt the ball to him?

That's precisely what Allardyce is trying to achieve but with Walcott, Tosun AND Bolasie.

Ive said it before and i'll say it again...he'd get us champions league with this innovative style of football.

The first part I agree with but it's a short term very hit and miss strategy. The second part I am not sure if you are serious or not, but when he doesn't go for away games and gives up against top six sides, not a prayer.

I love sarcasm .

After week 14 we had scored 17 and conceded 28 giving a goal difference of -11 .

Since then we have scored 26 and conceded 27 giving a goal difference of -1 under Allerdyce.

The cumulative goal difference is indeed -12 , but it doesn't mean what you thought it meant. If anything, and all other things being equal, which they rarely are, it would be evidence that Allardyce had improved the defence significantly.

Goal difference is worse than when he arrived.

Thanks.

This type of sensible post is all too rare there seems to be a section of the forum that holds the opinion that if you don't post hate filled insulting remarks against Allardyce you are by default an apologist/supporter. As you quite rightly said he's done the job he was brought in to do. The length of his contract is a matter for Moshiri to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back