• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone think he could be our Cantona? We lack (well, actually lacked) a winning mentality in our team and he certainly will give us that. Also a fear factor that Bobby was about.

There are quite a few players that should be getting some game time I think to keep the squad hungry and on their toes hopefully martinez uses them wisely his subs have been my only criticism so far these 2 matches and been costly, on the thread though I wasnt convinced before he signed though now he is here I am getting more optimistic and excited about what eto'o can bring and offer to everton,welcome to best club and make history with us, 2 years could see us in europe next year and winning a 4th champions league for eto'o who knows? dreams are being made by martinez so onwards and upwards

Last edited:
Dont think he will start that many games tbh.

Neither do I. But if he is used as a sub or sparingly as a starter, that might be better. If he is sharper because he has rested for a game or so, that's all the better for us. We have sufficient depth in attack now that we could stick someone else in and rotate them.

He'll start his fair share of games, because Rom will be need to be rested. But it'll be against certain opposition and a lot of euro games.

He's here to play and score, not to sit on the bench. It's Eto'o.

Neither do I. But if he is used as a sub or sparingly as a starter, that might be better. If he is sharper because he has rested for a game or so, that's all the better for us. We have sufficient depth in attack now that we could stick someone else in and rotate them.
Suppose there may be a fear factor with his as well, in the minds of defenders. After 70mins of being battered by Rom bring on Eto'o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back