• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His work rate and attitude are very commendable, but his wondering left us with no focal point up front and every time the ball went forward it was easily picked off by their defence. The same thing happened in Russia, and we looked a better balanced team when Lukaku came on and provided an outlet up top.

He's still a good player, but he needs telling to stay further up the field and leave the midfield to their jobs.

....he comes over as a top pro and great influence on those around him. Not certain that this is the case, but I loved how he was talking to Barkley in the warm up and again as he came out of the tunnel at half-time. His playing record demands respect and the indication is that he uses this to good effect in developing his team mates.

He's not a bad player either.

He's gonna be of major importance for us this season. One of the buys of the season.

Having Eto'o at Everton, somehow I still can't quite believe it.

Is Sammy the best payer we have ever had at Goodison?

I don't mean as he is now of course, a few years past his prime but still tremendous.

But in terns of skill at his peak and his mega standing in world football?

I think he must be.

...it would be easy for him to have an 'I'm a superstar' attitude, but he still plays with enthusiasm and passion. He's still a very good player but what an influence he must be off the pitch. Imagine turning up for training and seeing him get out of the car.

Is Sammy the best payer we have ever had at Goodison?

I don't mean as he is now of course, a few years past his prime but still tremendous.

But in terns of skill at his peak and his mega standing in world football?

I think he must be.

Dixie Dean, no contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back