• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long before Saudi clubs are invited to compete in the Champions League?

They said on Talksport on Friday that the Saudi League are in talks with uefa about 1 team from Saudi joining the European Champions League.

This raises a question,

Will Saudi teams have to comply with FFP to be able to play in the European Champions League?

If they do, why would anyone continue to play there when they can’t earn the crazy wages on offer now?

If they don’t have to comply with FFP, how is that fair?

Is there a UK TV rights deal yet?

Not interested in watching, just interested in how this evolves as a tipping point will surely come where they have assembled enough squads that people want to watch, the spectacle overcomes the objectionable issues, and thus sports-washing is complete.

DAZN have it for 2 seasons

They said on Talksport on Friday that the Saudi League are in talks with uefa about 1 team from Saudi joining the European Champions League.

This raises a question,

Will Saudi teams have to comply with FFP to be able to play in the European Champions League?

If they do, why would anyone continue to play there when they can’t earn the crazy wages on offer now?

They'll just concoct a sponsorship deal to cover.

They'll just concoct a sponsorship deal to cover.

Maybe, but uefa have tried in the past to take the likes of PSG and Man City to task on that type of thing.

I think FIFA would probably be the ones who would put a stop to it, under the argument that Saudi Arabia are not part of UEFA

Maybe, but uefa have tried in the past to take the likes of PSG and Man City to task on that type of thing.

I think FIFA would probably be the ones who would put a stop to it, under the argument that Saudi Arabia are not part of UEFA
FIFA have been bought so often.

Betfair Exchange have this Saudi league very high up on their league listings. Higher up than the Dutch and Portuguese leagues.

You would hope that increased exposure and the sports washing drive would also lead to a more lenient and progressive regime.

Recent events indicate this appears to
not be the case though and we could see something even worse if allowed to continue unchecked.

You would hope that increased exposure and the sports washing drive would also lead to a more lenient and progressive regime.

Recent events indicate this appears to
not be the case though and we could see something even worse if allowed to continue unchecked.
With the money they are putting into it they are buying something, and it isn't a more progressive point of view.

This raises a question,

The Saudi league may be in talks to do that, however I would be massively surprised if UEFA allow it now, or in the future, without massive changes.

It would be like a pig voting for themselves to go to the abattoir as they would have a team (or teams) able to spend massively while the rest couldn't.

If UEFA wants to keep the Saudi league at bay, don't give them the exposure the CL etc. brings because that's exactly that they're banking on.

The Saudi league may be in talks to do that, however I would be massively surprised if UEFA allow it now, or in the future, without massive changes.

It would be like a pig voting for themselves to go to the abattoir as they would have a team (or teams) able to spend massively while the rest couldn't.

If UEFA wants to keep the Saudi league at bay, don't give them the exposure the CL etc. brings because that's exactly that they're banking on.
There are certain pigs from literature that voted for the death and destruction of their fellows and those they represent as it benefitted them on an individual level, that is how I see the heads of Fifa, UEFA and the prem.

I agree, but when you see what Saudi Arabia have done with other sports, like Golf and Tennis, it feels like they could just buy their way into the champions league. Money is no object to the Saudi's and Uefa are greedy in my opinion.

But I thought the Saudi's would rather have a tournament hosted within their own country, with 16 top and legecy european teams vs the 16 Saudi teams in a 32 team group then knockout stage. Maybe thats what they do want long term.

I agree, but when you see what Saudi Arabia have done with other sports, like Golf and Tennis, it feels like they could just buy their way into the champions league. Money is no object to the Saudi's and Uefa are greedy in my opinion.

But I thought the Saudi's would rather have a tournament hosted within their own country, with 16 top and legecy european teams vs the 16 Saudi teams in a 32 team group then knockout stage. Maybe thats what they do want long term.
A summer knockout tournament invitational only? Sounds very close to a euro super league...

AgitatedFailingCuttlefish-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back