• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date

People don’t even watch the league and think they know how it is
Yep. Our league up here is far from the best, but I'll always stick up for it. We don't have anywhere near the money sloshing around the English leagues,or the polished, world-class player. But there are good games to watch up here, despite what people say. Like the last OF game, or the C*ltic v Aberdeen semi-final last week. They might not be for the football snobs, but you get commitment, passion, drama, controversy and goals (of varying standard of quality, granted). I watched Man Citeeh v some team in red a couple of months back. 2 of the best teams in the world, arguably, and it was murder. Bored me to tears. I would take our pub league game over that every day.of the week.

Yep. Our league up here is far from the best, but I'll always stick up for it. We don't have anywhere near the money sloshing around the English leagues,or the polished, world-class player. But there are good games to watch up here, despite what people say. Like the last OF game, or the C*ltic v Aberdeen semi-final last week. They might not be for the football snobs, but you get commitment, passion, drama, controversy and goals (of varying standard of quality, granted). I watched Man Citeeh v some team in red a couple of months back. 2 of the best teams in the world, arguably, and it was murder. Bored me to tears. I would take our pub league game over that every day.of the week.
A good game of football is a good game of football. I say to the kids all the time, the best players don’t own the game, you are able to find you level and compete and enjoy it.

Falkirk being crowned as Div.1 champions tomorrow in front of a sell out crowd of over 7,000. not a bad crowd for that level.
They have an opportunity of going the whole season unbeaten in the league, quite some achievement if they can do it.
John McGlynn has done some job since taking over as manager.
I hope they can keep the momentum going and aim for the SPL once again.

Falkirk being crowned as Div.1 champions tomorrow in front of a sell out crowd of over 7,000. not a bad crowd for that level.
They have an opportunity of going the whole season unbeaten in the league, quite some achievement if they can do it.
John McGlynn has done some job since taking over as manager.
I hope they can keep the momentum going and aim for the SPL once again.
It’s been a great season for them , too good for League 1 . I’m hoping Big Dunc’s Caley don’t pass them going the other away, a chance for them to avoid the relegation playoffs tomorrow.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back