• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
Some videos covering the merger that created Caley Thistle

-
-

-
-

It’s interesting listening to Steve “ Pele” Patterson, the manager who took them to promotions in those early years, he was born and grew up not far from me In Mosstodloch. He reached the dizzy heights of managing Aberdeen before his demons of addiction to alcohol and gambling caught up with him. His book “ Confessions of a Highland Hero “ is a tough read at times .

I love the bit at around 30 minutes

Roxburgh addressing the fans and apologising for letting them down, the supporters reassuring him, and the cheer when he says the players will be back out to see them

Love all of it

I had a quick look , a classic banner in there “ Swedes are Neeps “ , love it 😂

It’s interesting listening to Steve “ Pele” Patterson, the manager who took them to promotions in those early years, he was born and grew up not far from me In Mosstodloch. He reached the dizzy heights of managing Aberdeen before his demons of addiction to alcohol and gambling caught up with him. His book “ Confessions of a Highland Hero “ is a tough read at times .
I was at Pele's presser when he got the Aberdeen job filming it for sky (previous life). He barely lifted his head and Shearer did most of the speaking. After they did the radio and paper interviews he was due to do pitch side interviews for TV and didn't show. Shearer came out and did them. Didn't know about his problems at the time or anything like that.

His brother often seen in the caley golf club.
Chalk n cheese.

I was at Pele's presser when he got the Aberdeen job filming it for sky (previous life). He barely lifted his head and Shearer did most of the speaking. After they did the radio and paper interviews he was due to do pitch side interviews for TV and didn't show. Shearer came out and did them. Didn't know about his problems at the time or anything like that.
God yeah I remember the guy. He really made a fool of himself with an all-night binge before a home game. He must have had the worst hangover ever after that.
Of course, aside from the football controversy, the main thing was he let his family down badly.

What did you all make of the Scotland v Finland game last night? I thought the first half was pretty poor, the second half was better, at times.
I thought we had spells where we played some decent stuff, pressed well and were trying to change things up.. Then pure school boy defending at times. I think it showed the good and bad parts of our team at the one time.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Shankland does, I have a feeling he's going to bang a few in over there. But we just a few centre-halves and a prolific striker away from being a decent team, to say the least

What did you all make of the Scotland v Finland game last night? I thought the first half was pretty poor, the second half was better, at times.
I thought we had spells where we played some decent stuff, pressed well and were trying to change things up.. Then pure school boy defending at times. I think it showed the good and bad parts of our team at the one time.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Shankland does, I have a feeling he's going to bang a few in over there. But we just a few centre-halves and a prolific striker away from being a decent team, to say the least
McTominay fitness crucial I feel. We need results in the second and 3rd games. Just need a decent show against Germany.

I hope Scotland do well and I'm looking forward to watching the games in the pub, always entertaining regardless of the results.
I was in Falkirk on Friday for an all day session, had a good laugh with some tartan army characters awaiting their bus.
My eldest lad is going to Germany on Wednesday, he's a member of the tartan army and managed to get tickets for their games.

I hope Scotland do well and I'm looking forward to watching the games in the pub, always entertaining regardless of the results.
I was in Falkirk on Friday for an all day session, had a good laugh with some tartan army characters awaiting their bus.
My eldest lad is going to Germany on Wednesday, he's a member of the tartan army and managed to get tickets for their games.
Mrs bl is worried that the Tartan Army will forget to get postal votes for the GE. The IrnBru Optimism campaign has obviously affected her , I think the quarter finals are 5th July , I would love it if Scotland are there , but my Optimism Meter is not there yet.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back