2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we wont see Seamus in a playing roll after this season. He'll join the backroom staff almost certainly. Could possibly replace Unsy in time.
I think so too.

We'll be in the market for another RB this summer, no question.
Erm hes got another year lads.

Hes playing most weeks, I dont see it personally.

Erm hes got another year lads.

Hes playing most weeks, I dont see it personally.
Baines had that (or the chance of it) and retired. Seamus has had a tough season. I can easily see him hanging up his boots.

Either way, I reckon a decision will be made to cut through the Gordian Knot at right back this summer: Coleman is on the wane (though still capable of putting in some good perfromances); Patterson - the manager doesn't fancy as a starter, it looks to me, so I think we'll see one of two things:

1/ a new experienced right back comes in and Coleman makes way for Patterson to deputise the new RB, while he goes to coaching.
2/ the new RB is deputised by Coleman and Patterson goes out on loan.

I cant see Kenny being retained now, and I cant see Lampard being comfortable going into next season if we're in the PL with Coleman + Patterson.

I think so too.

We'll be in the market for another RB this summer, no question.
Of course there is a question.

Patterson might well be the answer and he could be covered by Godfrey, and maybe Coleman gets another extension, thereby freeing up
cash for the myriad positions that have to be improved. A week ago many were doubting the lad from Ukraine and then Utd came to town.
My bet is that Patterson will be right-back for a decade.

Of course there is a question.

Patterson might well be the answer and he could be covered by Godfrey, and maybe Coleman gets another extension, thereby freeing up
cash for the myriad positions that have to be improved. A week ago many were doubting the lad from Ukraine and then Utd came to town.
My bet is that Patterson will be right-back for a decade.

Patterson might well get games for Everton, but fundamentally the situation with him is unchanged: he isn't by any stretch of the imagination a defender. I've never seen a FB play so high and wide up the pitch as him.

IMO he needs to be given the same opportunity as Coleman to get his defensive positioning and skills honed out on loan.

Coleman cant be asked to play a full season at RB either. So I'm convinced - all being well and we're in the PL next season - that we'll see a move for a RB this summer.

When Patterson gets regular game time at some point it could be carnage.

Actually sort of agree with some of what Dave is saying here. I would not be surprised to see Coleman used more sparingly next season - I think Lampard rested him vs. Burnley ready for Utd. We can't rely on Kenny so if we could bring in a more mature right back and perhaps loan Patterson for experience it might not be so dreadful.

Patterson might well get games for Everton, but fundamentally the situation with him is unchanged: he isn't by any stretch of the imagination a defender. I've never seen a FB play so high and wide up the pitch as him.

IMO he needs to be given the same opportunity as Coleman to get his defensive positioning and skills honed out on loan.

Coleman cant be asked to play a full season at RB either. So I'm convinced - all being well and we're in the PL next season - that we'll see a move for a RB this summer.

I have no idea how many games you have seen Patterson play or whether you think that coaches allow him go walk-about but I can you
categorically report that he has been a stand-out full back for Scotland on his last two appearances. He is a star in the making and needs games,
nothing more. It was a pity that Frank did not play him from the earliest opportunity because Coleman has had some awful, awful games recently.

I have no idea how many games you have seen Patterson play or whether you think that coaches allow him go walk-about but I can you
categorically report that he has been a stand-out full back for Scotland on his last two appearances. He is a star in the making and needs games,
nothing more. It was a pity that Frank did not play him from the earliest opportunity because Coleman has had some awful, awful games recently.
Utter nonsense.

He's a kid with potential. In now way shape or form is he capable of unseating our captain - who continues to put in captain's performances - from his position.

Utter nonsense.

He's a kid with potential. In now way shape or form is he capable of unseating our captain - who continues to put in captain's performances - from his position.
Yes loads of captain performances. Probably cost us 10 goals , kicked a 100 passes out of play and miss controlled 50 simple balls.

Patterson will be first choice next season

Status
Not open for further replies.