2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
…Coleman isn’t a CB but he’s doing a job, we just hope Lampard isn’t blinkered and stubborn about playing that formation next season.

Flat back four leaves lots of options ahead of it.
Thelwell played a 3 at Wolves, we have played a 3 under Lampard, I'm willing to bet it will be some sort of 3-4-3/5-3-2 wingback type formation. Its about bringing in the correct players for it. If we do that then I see no issues, let Frank get on with it imo.

Thelwell played a 3 at Wolves, we have played a 3 under Lampard, I'm willing to bet it will be some sort of 3-4-3/5-3-2 wingback type formation. Its about bringing in the correct players for it. If we do that then I see no issues, let Frank get on with it imo.

….that system is not for me, but I agree with you. I’ve always been of a view it’s more about players than formation.

Seamus is a legend and in the all time Everton hall of fame. Also he doesn't pick himself for the team, the last 7 managers have. His best years are behind him as any fool can see but he deserves respect and a modicum of humility at all times.....he's earned it. We'll not have a right back as good as this mans been for many years. Oh, and he's not been too shabby this season either, his contribution on and off the pitch have been better than many on the books.

Seamus is a legend and in the all time Everton hall of fame. Also he doesn't pick himself for the team, the last 7 managers have. His best years are behind him as any fool can see but he deserves respect and a modicum of humility at all times.....he's earned it. We'll not have a right back as good as this mans been for many years. Oh, and he's not been too shabby this season either, his contribution on and off the pitch have been better than many on the books.

….absolutely.

I can understand the vitriol to some of our players, but I'll never ever hear a bad word said about this man.

Every manager that's ever had him has said the same.

Remember when he used to score goals? Love the man
Hes an Everton legend, has always bled blue, will be missed long after hes gone. Was lucky to be at Goodison for the 'toon game and watched how he coped late on when ASM came on - he was constantly speaking to Iwobi pointing and telling him where to go where to be - between them closing down space, every match since watching Seamus moving and talking Iwobi throughout the game - so much so that the talkings got less the last few games as they both know where each other are and Iwobi has been producing m. o. m performances. Iwobi seems to value his captains leadership qualities as much as Lampard and every other manager hes played for does. Anyone who thinks a captain has to shout, yell and get in faces should read Carlos book "quiet leadership" it couldve been wrote about Seamus even Carlo loved him that much he compared his leadership qualities to that of Maldini. Anybody that doesn't see that doesn't want to see it.

…Coleman isn’t a CB but he’s doing a job, we just hope Lampard isn’t blinkered and stubborn about playing that formation next season.

Flat back four leaves lots of options ahead of it.

….that system is not for me, but I agree with you. I’ve always been of a view it’s more about players than formation.

It may suit our players more than a back 4.

The only player it wouldnt suit would probably be Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.