2023/24 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re looking at this the wrong way. Just because they turned up occasionally, when it suited them, doesn’t mean they are Premier League standard. I’d argue that the performance against Villa was more reflective of the attitude and ability.
If they're set up correctly they are superior to most bottom half MFs.

Playing Gueye at times as a number 10 is barmy - if that's what Dyche means by 'fluid' he's wasting these players.

grass-fed-logo_col.webp

Nah not even a bit close tbh. Coleman has been boss but there was a time when Southall was the Messi of goal keeping. It was a mind blowing experience watching him. Never seen anything like him since.
100% agree. It's a rare thing in football to have your keeper held in the awe and reverence normally reserved for top strikers and playmakers but Nev was am absolute joy to watch. I consider it an absolute privilege that I got to go to Goodison so many times with my Dad in the 80s and see such a fantastic team. And really they didn't have a superstar they relied on to carry the burden, it was all about team balance. But Nev comes close to being that superstar.

It has to have been said before, though it's only just occurred to me, that we've been screaming for a Coleman replacement for a few seasons cos he's been getting on a bit and now we've signed an even older player at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back