Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
find it crazy how much people look for faults and negativty with everything

Coleman is sound been a good player and was a absolute bargin

How anyone tries to arque that it just makes me think they must me unhappy themselves
Just wanted to pull Dave up on calling Baines a Judas and Coleman a hardworker who's earned it. Love a bit of Seamus me, even if he is washed up.

I don't like using the term legend for players that haven't won a carrot at the club.

But Seamus at one point was amongst the best 4-5 right backs in the league and has always handled himself professionally. He's a great role model for kids and has never once found himself in trouble - nobody has a bad word to say about him. Unfortunately he should have been let go at least three years ago but that's not his fault the club is so badly run.

Not a legend in the slightest, but he had a great 6-7 year run.

I don't like using the term legend for players that haven't won a carrot at the club.

But Seamus at one point was amongst the best 4-5 right backs in the league and has always handled himself professionally. He's a great role model for kids and has never once found himself in trouble - nobody has a bad word to say about him. Unfortunately he should have been let go at least three years ago but that's not his fault the club is so badly run.

That leg break absolutely destroyed him

find it crazy how much people look for faults and negativty with everything

Coleman is sound been a good player and was a absolute bargin

How anyone tries to arque that it just makes me think they must be unhappy themselves

The likes of the above post...

1000016913.webp

Well, this is awkward.
Just wanted to pull Dave up on calling Baines a Judas and Coleman a hardworker who's earned it. Love a bit of Seamus me, even if he is washed up.

just watched the documentary, not a bad way to kill an hour but doesn’t really give us any further insight into what we don’t already know. Doesn’t even mention the double leg break or even talk much about playing for Ireland (I know it’s produced by Everton, but it’s about him and his career).

I’m not trying to be a buzzkill, but there are other players associated with this club that probably deserved an hour long documentary about them. Kept thinking whenever he was on screen that the club have sort have forgotten about Baines and how he performed for the club. No film for him and he still hasn’t had a testimonial. Hibbert had one for Christ sake.

just watched the documentary, not a bad way to kill an hour but doesn’t really give us any further insight into what we don’t already know. Doesn’t even mention the double leg break or even talk much about playing for Ireland (I know it’s produced by Everton, but it’s about him and his career).

I’m not trying to be a buzzkill, but there are other players associated with this club that probably deserved an hour long documentary about them. Kept thinking whenever he was on screen that the club have sort have forgotten about Baines and how he performed for the club. No film for him and he still hasn’t had a testimonial. Hibbert had one for Christ sake.
I hear they're doing a Casualty/Holby City spinoff about Gbamin & Delph soon. Looks good 👍

It depends on how you define a legend.

Trophies won is such a shallow barometer.

Fifteen years service to the club, many as an inspiring captain, a man held in awe by Everton players and management alike, hundreds of games played for the club , never complained or threatened to leave if not starting every game in recent seasons. recovered from career threatening injuries to regain his place on the team and of course also captain of his country.

For me, a far greater legend than many who have earned silverware for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back