2023/24 Seamus Coleman

He's stayed just long enough to tarnish his legacy. He should have gone after last year's last game survival. It's looking more and more likely that he'll be remembered as the captain that takes us down.
I've advocated replacing Coleman in the first XI for many a year now, although he's continued to step up and be one of our better players, which is all credit to him.

But, the situation we're in is not down to him and if we do go down (I still don't believe we will!) the legacy will stick with many other people before him.

15 years of Premier League experience and he chests it into his own net under no pressure whatsoever. If that's not a sign that he's finished then I don't know what is. Should have retired years ago, at least four years, but here he is costing us massively valuable points.
So you don’t think he’s helped keep us up over the 4 years that you think he should have been retired? A player who actually cares, wants to play and according to players and managers past and present still leads and pushes everyone to be at their best. Yet you think he alone cost us the match yesterday? 🤔

So you don’t think he’s helped keep us up over the 4 years that you think he should have been retired? A player who actually cares, wants to play and according to players and managers past and present still leads and pushes everyone to be at their best. Yet you think he alone cost us the match yesterday? 🤔
Don't bother mate. There is no point with a small few on here.

To those of us who understand there's no need to explain. To those who don't it doesn't flipping matter.

Happy Easter everyone.

Don't bother mate. There is no point with a small few on here.

To those of us who understand there's no need to explain. To those who don't it doesn't flipping matter.

Happy Easter everyone.
Thanks Bluerover.

100% agree with your sentiments.

Thankfully most Evertonians who want the best for our Club appreciate ‘real’ players who care and there’s only a minority of lurkers and WUMs waiting to pounce and attack certain threads only.

Happy Easter to all Evertonians.

I watched the goal back one culprit Pickford - his weak pouch out for a throw in [he never seems to catch the ball} when the cross came over with not much power in his six yard box he came out & hesitated, no shout to Coleman no man on just leave it - it was schoolboy stuff - a keeper who is a great shot stopper, but has never been good controlling his box & thinks he Glenn Hoddle when hoofing the ball up the pitch which he is not .... made a blunder for England in mid-week - no wonder no big club has shown any interest in him in his career -

I watched the goal back one culprit Pickford - his weak pouch out for a throw in [he never seems to catch the ball} when the cross came over with not much power in his six yard box he came out & hesitated, no shout to Coleman no man on just leave it - it was schoolboy stuff - a keeper who is a great shot stopper, but has never been good controlling his box & thinks he Glenn Hoddle when hoofing the ball up the pitch which he is not .... made a blunder for England in mid-week - no wonder no big club has shown any interest in him in his career -

Yeah Pickford 100% looks like he is coming to catch the ball. I’ve still no idea why he didn’t tbh, the goal is more his fault that Coleman’s, Coleman is just trying to control the ball really, but it hits him too hard.

Yeah Pickford 100% looks like he is coming to catch the ball. I’ve still no idea why he didn’t tbh, the goal is more his fault that Coleman’s, Coleman is just trying to control the ball really, but it hits him too hard.
Also, Pickford never gave Coleman the call just leave it as no Bournemouth player near Coleman - Pickford a shot stopper - it ends there - I would give Virginia a run in the team TBH ....he controls his box - Pickford can't control his 6 yard box ....

I've advocated replacing Coleman in the first XI for many a year now, although he's continued to step up and be one of our better players, which is all credit to him.

But, the situation we're in is not down to him and if we do go down (I still don't believe we will!) the legacy will stick with many other people before him.
It shows how bad were that he’s been one of our better players, you can’t criticise his determination and love for Everton. But technically he’s a very average footballer and always has been

Also, Pickford never gave Coleman the call just leave it as no Bournemouth player near Coleman - Pickford a shot stopper - it ends there - I would give Virginia a run in the team TBH ....he controls his box - Pickford can't control his 6 yard box ....
Not just saying This because of yesterday, as many have gone on for years how he doesn’t command his box and catches nothing, everything is a punch or parry. He’s got the Tim I can’t come off my line Howard disease.

Not just saying This because of yesterday, as many have gone on for years how he doesn’t command his box and catches nothing, everything is a punch or parry. He’s got the Tim I can’t come off my line Howard disease.
There were like 3-4 situations where Pickford wasn't really sure what to do with whose dangerous low crosses. He hesitated in all those situations, there was a similar earlier, where the ball bounce off Solanke then and went 1 meter next to the post.

He made that movement towards the ball as defender I would be confused too, as the ball came in halfway his 6yard box.