2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking sense in that post match interview. Glad to hear it. He know there are deep issues that needs fixing. If he can grant us a safe midtable finish and solve a few of our issues while doing so, Im all for it. He is, as expected, a competant manager, unlike our previous 2.
I’m not sure a competent manager plays Keane over Mina and picks him, despite terrible form, for 10 games which only result in one win.

Honestly, I'm sold. Almost literally everything he said there is how I feel as well. Jebus.
I'm not trying to be divisive, but everything he said there should be clear to anybody who knows anything about football. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's saying it out loud and on television, but that alone isn't enough.

I get that people want him to stay on, but people were praising Lampard's comments about the club and his similar solid, but unspectacular, run of form and saying he deserved to stay on. I don't think Dyche is as bad as Lampard but I just don't think he's very good and I fear some are getting carried away with the emotion of it all. Some of those singing his praises now will have turned on him by November. You can bet the farm on that.

Last edited:

I thought that was a good interview by Dyche. Last season when we stayed up Lampard was smiling and soaking it in like he achieved something special, Dyche knows thats not good enough and is talking about the football clubs pedigree and how we have to do better next season, not just saying it but in a genuine manner, almost angry, im liking this man i think he gets it

Dyche was appointed around the time several other clubs around us were changing managers. Imo he was the best man for the job then and he still is.

Dyche was appointed around the time several other clubs around us were changing managers. Imo he was the best man for the job then and he still is.
Sorry but Dyche - along with other long ball dinosaurs such as Pulis, Allardyce, Pardew et al - have no business being at any club looking to progress.
Of course we are grateful to Dyche for saving us from relegation and in hindsight it was an excellent decision to appoint him. But the board need to think outside the box and appointment someone in the frame of Roberto De Zerbi or Graham Potter.

Sorry but Dyche - along with other long ball dinosaurs such as Pulis, Allardyce, Pardew et al - have no business being at any club looking to progress.
Of course we are grateful to Dyche for saving us from relegation and in hindsight it was an excellent decision to appoint him. But the board need to think outside the box and appointment someone in the frame of Roberto De Zerbi or Graham Potter.
Agreed. He has to go.

Our base is terrible at the moment and the most important we do not have that money to change massively.
I would stick with Dyche for 1 more season first. For me, Dyche's football has impressed me a lot.
His football does not passive and some matches are amazing like the away game at Brigthon.
Just like the season with Lampard, we should give the chances who deserves.
At this moment, our board is more necessary to change...

I'm not trying to be divisive, but everything he said there should be clear to anybody who knows anything about football. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's saying it out loud and on television, but that alone isn't enough.

I get that people want him to stay on, but people were praising Lampard's comments about the club and his similar solid, but unspectacular, run of form and saying he deserved to stay on. I don't think Dyche is as bad as Lampard but I just don't think he's very good and I fear some are getting carried away with the emotion of it all. Some of those singing his praises now will have turned on him by November. You can bet the farm on that.
I’ve been saying this all month. I’m on the fence about keeping him on but it’s all the same rhetoric that was used (by myself as well) for keeping Lampard on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back