2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to forget that Dyche did all this without Richarlison.

Most of us thought we were gone after the horrendous January window. Throw in an endless amount of injuries as well. Going into this last game with no proper CF and no fullbacks. He has done so, so well.

Thanks Sean.
He didnt have Richarlison. But he did have Patterson, Mykolenko, Coady, Tarkowski, Garner, Gana, Onana and McNeil.

I read somewhere that only 2 of the outfield players starting yesterday started in the win against Palace that kept us up last season.

Two words : Graham Potter

Good manager and someone who would work well if Thelwell has implemented a good support strucfure behind the scenes.

I think theres three things that would lead me to (almost) fully be on the Dyche train:

1: Using the best players in their correct positions.

2: Focusing on young players and building a young squad.

3: Being proactive with substitutions.

Hes definitely shown some positives but there are so many negatives that have really caused us more trouble than we should have been in.

Some people on here seem to want a manager who can take a very mediocre bunch of players and turn them into prime Barcelona in a couple of months. Sorry to disappoint you but that manager doesn’t exist. To me he has achieved a miracle keeping us up with a squad that has little quality and terrible injury problems. Many other managers would have failed and we would be in the Championship now

I didn't want Dyche here, but, he has fulfilled the task he was set. I don't think he is the man to take us forward, but, he may well be the man to keep us afloat while our dreadful off the field situation is sorted out. There will be little money to spend here for the next season or two and without spending money...a large dose of pragmatism is needed to keep this squad in the premier league. Dyche's style of management is nothing if not pragmatic.

You do realise we were playing without full backs and a forward yesterday? It was always going to be hard work.
His style of football he has employed throughout his career is not one I respect, admire or enjoy.
Again, if Doucoure doesn’t score a goal out of nothing yesterday , we would have been relegated.

I see the hipsters gave it all of about 12 hours before piling on the Dyche out campaign.
unbelievable to be honest.

When you actually look at the games we’ve played under him.

We had two home games against sides in the bottom 10 and won them both.

The only poor result on paper was Fulham. All of the rest were at least par. Newcastle we capitulated but they finished 4th and we were 4th from bottom so we had no reason to believe we should be winning that one.

Leaving that aside, the last thing we need right now is manager turnover. Dyche will give us stability, he’ll help balance the squad, get them competitive and consolidate mid table. That’s exactly what we need right now.

I expect a fair bit of turnover in players but I want a boring season next year.

A boring, mediocre season to take us into BMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back