2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to be pragmatic: I would snap your hand off if someone offered a season where we're mid-table and safe early on. We need to be comfortable.

While Dyche is far from ideal, I do feel he has the capability to get us there with this squad alongside some additions. This summer is going to be pivotal.

If Dyche isn't backed, like anyone else who was in charge, we're going to stay on the rollercoaster because this has been due to having a paper-thin squad.

As the bare minimum, we need a striker. Mina will need replacing and we will need cover at full back positions because we can't keep shoehorning people in places.

Totally agree.

We have an awful, threadbare squad that only just survived and a Manager who got us over the line when it looked extremely grim.

We have the worst squad of the remaining Premier League teams.

It needs to be bolstered and Dyche must be given the chance to steer us to midtable next season. He has proven himself with the worst Everton team I have ever seen, and I too would snap your hand off if offered 13th/14th in the Premier League next season with no relegation threat.

If you extrapolate results out and take into account his record at home v the bottom half then over the course of a season even with this squad of players with DCL injured for most of it we’d be over 40 points and PL safety.

What could he achieve with better attacking options and some of his own players?

Yet some people want him out in favour of Graham Potter who couldn’t get a tune out of a billion pound squad at Chelsea or Brendan Rodgers who relegated a Leicester squad miles better than ours. Pure delusion.
Hey, don’t spoil there delusion. It’s easy to say we should do something else and pretend it would be wonderful. These people, are the ones who believe in magical unicorns.

The thing with giving youngsters a chance is that when you are in the relegation zone with a horribly balanced squad then it's not the best time to throw them in.

Rooney is probably the only one I can think of who was ready to play every game at 16/17.

Fingers crossed for the likes of Cannon.
I totally agree. But his handling of Simms was bizarre

He seems like someone who will always go for experience which isn’t what we need now. There is a lot of Moyes about him

I totally agree. But his handling of Simms was bizarre

He seems like someone who will always go for experience which isn’t what we need now. There is a lot of Moyes about him
Think in the position we were in ,he didn't have the luxury of trying any young players , basically every game since he took over was massive in the relegation fight.

I agree that some of his decisions were baffling but we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.
What I will say thought that the Leicester and Brighton performances were very good and looked a proper team.
At Brighton we had a FIT centre forward and a well balanced team. How often did we have that opportunity?
Also our run in from January’s end was tough to day the least. People on here were saying we’ll be down by April etc.
Dyche overall has done the job and deserves to carry on.
It’s Thelwall we need to question IMO

Think in the position we were in ,he didn't have the luxury of trying any young players , basically every game since he took over was massive in the relegation fight.
Simms scored against Chelsea and never really got a look in. He played him in the hard away games but not at home in the more winnable games. Is Simms good enough, probably not. But why are you playing Maupey before him given how they were both playing

Dyche has earned a crack the opportunity to lead us next season.

He alluded to it in his post match but some of the stuff going on behind the scenes.

Injuries galore.
No squad depth.
No centre forward
Loser mentality
Board who aren't welcome
Not one player purchase
Players approaching the end of their contract

His interview was spot on.

He was brave enough to take on the job so he deserves our support.
Would say our squad with injuries was worse that Leicester and not much better than Leeds.
The only negative about staying up is the board won’t be properly held accountable for gross mismanagement and without massive changes, we will just carry on repeating the same mistakes.

Amazed at people saying get rid. Our squad has been stripped of attacking talent, decimated by injuries in key positions, and yet he's still found a way of keeping us up.

Post match he's talking like a man who's got a handle on the issues at play, both above him in the boardroom and with the players. What we cannot do yet again is change manager, and allow the same old wasters to get yet another fresh start. He's got this squad figured out by now and knows who is good enough and who isn't, who he can trust and who he can't, who wants to be here and graft and who isn't that arsed and has an eye on the door. A new manager comes in and wants to give Holgate and Maupay another crack; I never want to see them pair in blue ever again.

Let the ruthless rebuild commence, it's long overdue.

I don’t think it’s as a given as some seem to think that he’ll sign utter cloggers over the summer. He’ll have seen that fact we had 5 full backs out and ensure we don’t have that issue again, he’ll also cover the front areas to make sure we aren’t low scorers again

The longer post match interview is good. The required morale boosting facade of “we have some quality players here” has been rightfully dropped now the job is done and his honest assessment of the squad revealed. Delivered that message well for me. Not condescending, critical of past wastefulness and sets out the size of the task for the owner/owners. Better than waiting till November and then saying “I knew we’d be in a relegation battle again.”

Quite astounded by this thread this morning. Let’s just put a new manager poll up now rather than waiting till the moaning starts about the style of football whilst sat in comfortably in 10th, which is bubbling under already. See if we can get that smartly dressed chap in from Southampton, they scored 4 against the RS, so he must be brilliant.

I'd only really drop Dyche at this stage if we could get better

For instance, if Ange Postecogolu was willing to come here and we could afford it, then I'd make that switch

However, I doubt that

Dyche got 21 points in 18 games without a striker

If he can better than next season then he could hopefully get between 45-50 points, which would be a stable mid table finish, which I'd happily take right now

You think it’s a utter fantasy that we will be in or around the bottom 4 in the first few months of next season?

I don’t

You think constantly flipping from one doom monger narrative to another every time it’s ultimately wrong goes unnoticed? It doesn’t.

Leicester Won the league a few years ago, Leicester also got relegated yesterday. Only a fool would rule anything out.

I don’t think it’s as a given as some seem to think that he’ll sign utter cloggers over the summer. He’ll have seen that fact we had 5 full backs out and ensure we don’t have that issue again, he’ll also cover the front areas to make sure we aren’t low scorers again
I'm gonna admit I'm excited by the prospect of cloggers. If he can get a Straq type forward in I'd love it.

Credit to him. Especially considering yesterdays team was an absolute riot because of the injuries.

Want a more modern manager who’ll build for the long term but kind of agree with others about having a boring safe season for us going into BMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back