2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earnt the right to stay on descenting voices are wasting their time but it's it all they have got.

Has himself a very powerful position given the relationship the owner and current board has with the vast majority of the fan base.

Dyche has to use this well it won't last forever.

We’re a good fit forward and 2 good fit fullbacks away from a decent enough team.

If we get that then we’re an upgrade on Iwobi and Doucoure away from a very good team.

Issue is we will probably have to get rid of Pickford and Onana to fund that and then replace them… and honestly I don't trust our recruitment team… unless the person who decided Maupay was a good idea has been punted

No way we get rid. O Keefe reckons we couldn't afford to pay off Lampard's staff and buy out an in-work manager's contract.

Not sure how I feel about Dyche, even now.

He is absolutely not one of the people we need to get rid of.

We need his pragmatism for a few more seasons.
Definitely. He gives me confidence that he sees the problems and starting to plan for a longer term. His experience was no small part of the reason we survived. I was really worried that the pressure was going to see our players melt yesterday, especially with Leicester winning. That anxiety kills players, it exhausts them and then they start to hide. No one wants the ball. I think his composure was outstanding and clearly the team was absolutely focused. One other thing that I have to say has been abundantly clear since he came here (and a pop at the Lampard regime) is the teams fitness has improved 10 fold. i'm really impressed with how we finish games often stronger than the opposition. No weary legs at all (which is surprising when he makes so few subs). Would love to see some stats of the last 20 mins of games since Dyche has been manager compared to Lampard. I think that's been a major difference.

You think constantly flipping from one doom monger narrative to another every time it’s ultimately wrong goes unnoticed? It doesn’t.

Leicester Won the league a few years ago, Leicester also got relegated yesterday. Only a fool would rule anything out.
We’ve just escaped by the absolute skins of our teeth yesterday.

Hardly a day for the naysayers who predicted we would survive to be giving it large with the I told you so’s.

It’s not great, but it’s not terrible. Especially given the unbalanced squad he was working with.

That extrapolates to 44-45 points. Enough for 11th/12th this season - which I would settle for next season.

Yeh doesn't take us down next year, but it needs to exponentially improve otherwise all those teams below us spend and overtake.

Yeh doesn't take us down next year, but it needs to exponentially improve otherwise all those teams below us spend and overtake.
44 points will never send a team down.

I obviously want us to do better but we need to be realistic about the mess we are in. A bit of stability until the extra revenue of the new ground kicks in.

Simms scored against Chelsea and never really got a look in. He played him in the hard away games but not at home in the more winnable games. Is Simms good enough, probably not. But why are you playing Maupey before him given how they were both playing
Why he plays Maupey before anybody I will never know.
Simms need to get out it's clear he has no future here.
In

We’ve just escaped by the absolute skins of our teeth yesterday.

Hardly a day for the naysayers who predicted we would survive to be giving it large with the I told you so’s.

Yes we did just escape. Not as bad as ‘98 or ‘94 though IMO, but yes we did.

It’s also hardly a day for the doom merchants to get back on the doom wagon, try and ignore that Leeds didn’t win their last two Leicester didn’t win their last two and that despite consistent calls from the last month, we didn’t go down… and follow it with we will be in huge trouble and Dyche will be sacked by November. Especially as there are 3 months where we can buy and sell players, even with our tiny pot to piss in.

If you practised what you preached, you’d not have started the doom mongering the day after, this interaction wouldn’t have occurred because, as you say ‘Hardly the day’

Let people enjoy this relief FGS Colin Robinson! lol

Last edited:
Need more than that I reckon

Striker, fullbacks, cb and atleast one winger is an absolute must

Bare minimum, no injuries 😂

We probably need 2 strikers (one replacing Maupay hopefully), 1 right winger, 2 fullbacks (one who can play either side) & replacements for Onana and Pickford (because we have to find this somehow

Then we need squad depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back