2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved this to the Dyche thread.

I said in May we should have sacked him, I just dont think hes a very good manager and I think he under performed last season.

But regardless, hes here now and I see no point in clamouring for him to get sacked at this point.

I for 1 will just try my best to get behind the manager and the players we play the next 38+ games with the next season.

Underperformed.
When we didn't sign a striker in the January window. Virtually everyone thought we were down.
Dyche performed a minor miracle to keep, probably, the most limited squad, in recent hustory up.
Underperformed he did not. He managed to get a tune out of it where others failed. Deserves credit for what he did.
And he is a good fit for where we are now as a club.
Anyone thinks that this can be turned around overnight is dreaming.
An incompetent board, a legacy of dire recruitment and hamstrung for cash are all things he is dealing with
The only positive is that we have some good young players in Patterson, McNeil, Garner, Braithwaite etc establishing themselves.

That sounds good and all, till you remember the likes of Bournemouth finished above us with a largely championship team and playing miles better football then us.

I think the fact that as a fan base were so negative and have convinced ourselves our players are the worst in the league.

Where tbh I think we just keep on hiring crap managers who can't coach the best out of players. So they struggle in a side with no structure, especially the attacking players.

Its also letting the players off because we've seen many times how this team can perform its just they have the heart of a nat.

I just don't see how getting a team full of Premier league proven players and full internationals to win 5 games and get a few draws out of 18 games can be seen as a miracle.

At no point did dyche try to play to our attackers strengths. He had a system and he stuck to it like glue even when we didn't have the players to play it and it nearly took us down.

Underperformed.
When we didn't sign a striker in the January window. Virtually everyone thought we were down.
Dyche performed a minor miracle to keep, probably, the most limited squad, in recent hustory up.
Underperformed he did not. He managed to get a tune out of it where others failed. Deserves credit for what he did.
And he is a good fit for where we are now as a club.
Anyone thinks that this can be turned around overnight is dreaming.
An incompetent board, a legacy of dire recruitment and hamstrung for cash are all things he is dealing with
The only positive is that we have some good young players in Patterson, McNeil, Garner, Braithwaite etc establishing themselves.
Yes underperformed.

Miracle my anus.

He barely did better than Lampard, who was the worst manager in our entire history.

Beating Brighton 5-1 tells me that the squad isnt as bad as most think.

But anyway, im personally not gonna spend time bashing the manager for being talentless, whats done is done, now its about getting players and stopping the rot.

That sounds good and all, till you remember the likes of Bournemouth finished above us with a largely championship team and playing miles better football then us.

I think the fact that as a fan base were so negative and have convinced ourselves our players are the worst in the league.

Where tbh I think we just keep on hiring crap managers who can't coach the best out of players. So they struggle in a side with no structure, especially the attacking players.

Its also letting the players off because we've seen many times how this team can perform its just they have the heart of a nat.

I just don't see how getting a team full of Premier league proven players and full internationals to win 5 games and get a few draws out of 18 games can be seen as a miracle.

At no point did dyche try to play to our attackers strengths. He had a system and he stuck to it like glue even when we didn't have the players to play it and it nearly took us down.
I think that's harsh. There were no results bar Fulham at home where we could have done much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back