2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes underperformed.

Miracle my anus.

He barely did better than Lampard, who was the worst manager in our entire history.

Beating Brighton 5-1 tells me that the squad isnt as bad as most think.

But anyway, im personally not gonna spend time bashing the manager for being talentless, whats done is done, now its about getting players and stopping the rot.
Ah, so the 5-1 win against Brighton, and presumably other wins, were despite Dyche, and losses were because of him. How silly of my not to have twigged this sooner.

To be honest, I thought the Brighton thing was in the general character of play that Dyche espouses, in terms of win the ball, do something with it straight away, rather than just muck about in midfield, and attack at full pace.

The set up Lampard had with Tarks and Coady was completely unsustainable considering we were hemorrhaging chances.
Really, prior to Dyche coming in we had only conceded 17 goals which was one of the better GA in the league mate. Let's see what happens this season although I'm not getting any hopes up tbh.

Really, prior to Dyche coming in we had only conceded 17 goals which was one of the better GA in the league mate.
And eventually went to pot because you can't have a 'bodies on the line' approach to defending every game. Lampard relied on Coady and Tarks throwing themselves in front of a huge amount of chances, because he couldn't create a system which limited chance creation for the opponent.

Really, prior to Dyche coming in we had only conceded 17 goals which was one of the better GA in the league mate. Let's see what happens this season although I'm not getting any hopes up tbh.
Pretty sure we conceded 28 prior to Dyche. (In 20).
Then conceded 29 under Dyche. (In 18).

And eventually went to pot because you can't have a 'bodies on the line' approach to defending every game. Lampard relied on Coady and Tarks throwing themselves in front of a huge amount of chances, because he couldn't create a system which limited chance creation for the opponent.
Went to pot? Defensively we were actually worse under Dyche if you look solely at goals conceded per game. So did Dyche create a system to limit chances?as you would expect number of goals conceded to improve if he did.

Pretty sure we conceded 28 prior to Dyche. (In 20).
Then conceded 29 under Dyche. (In 18).

Went to pot? Defensively we were actually worse under Dyche if you look solely at goals conceded per game. So did Dyche create a system to limit chances?as you would expect number of goals conceded to improve if he did.
I got the table up from Christmas tbf so you are probably correct mate, we had the 4th best backline in the league at the time joint with West Ham.

I got the table up from Christmas tbf so you are probably correct mate, we had the 4th best backline in the league at the time joint with West Ham.
Yeah, we had like the 3/4th best defence statistically after like 10 games. Just couldn’t score goals.

Even at the end of the season, we had like the 13th best defence. As poor as the defence is, it’s a mid table defence.

….I think he’s the same as most managers, he wants good footballers who work extremely hard. His Burnley team were very impressive at Goodison a few seasons ago when McNeil scored that cracker.
Exactly, people going on about 'style' and philosophy can't grasp that the better/more effective managers adapt their style to the players the have available.

I'm quite keen to see what Dyche can do after a full pre season and (hopefully) a few additions. Some of the 0assing and movement over the past 2 warm up games has been very 'un-dyche' like.

Exactly, people going on about 'style' and philosophy can't grasp that the better/more effective managers adapt their style to the players the have available.

I'm quite keen to see what Dyche can do after a full pre season and (hopefully) a few additions. Some of the 0assing and movement over the past 2 warm up games has been very 'un-dyche' like.

….I remember Sky doing an analysis of Manager performance based on points gained against monies spent in the whole of the PL era and Dyche came out top of the lot.

Beating Brighton 5-1 tells me that the squad isnt as bad as most think.

I think it also means that the NET spend darlings, Brighton, and their jarg manager, are nowhere as good as people think.

I look forward to them going down in the next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back