2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The football surprised me, far more intensity and intent to attack than I expected.

Quick transitions, directness and intent, its a million miles away from the Tony Pulis stereotype. Three other things, the players mentality and effort increased 100%, we played the full 90 mins without wilting, heads weren't allowed drop - how many times did we pull points out of the bag late on in games and the risks we took in games, flooding men forward for overloads.

Anyone who thinks Dyche is risk adverse, safety first, simply isnt watching.

Last edited:

I disagree (agree on being pleased dyche is here), the brighton game was a perfect execution of how to use Brighton's tactics against them, sucked them right in then exposed those fullbacks. It also highlighted that we are quite a different side with our then two best players DCL and Mina available, like a lot of bottom half teams the drop off from best players to squad players is vast. A team facing relegation being 4-0 up away from home and not attacking in the second half doesn't even really need an explanation.

For the first time it feels like we have a leader in charge, after enduring the fool lampard I'm more than happy to get behind Dyche.

Ask any brighton fan and they will tell you they couldnt believe how their fullbacks played in the first half.
It was a great way to expose it but play that game 50 times and the 1-5 happens once.
I still think they fully expected to win no matter how they played and it showed that you can always come unstuck if you dont approach a game correctly.
Its not like we were threatening to do that to a team. But it saved our arses so im pleased it did.

He will have never experienced anything as amateurish as the current Everton set up.

The only thing keeping him will be a decent salary.
His salary is the reason he took the job mate.

There is zero reason for him to walk.

And hes a fool if he didnt realise what a mess Everton is, im almost certain we are a laughing stock in the upper echelons of football.

But he will be given signings, if not, he probably still wouldnt walk.

Ask any brighton fan and they will tell you they couldnt believe how their fullbacks played in the first half.
It was a great way to expose it but play that game 50 times and the 1-5 happens once.
I still think they fully expected to win no matter how they played and it showed that you can always come unstuck if you dont approach a game correctly.
Its not like we were threatening to do that to a team. But it saved our arses so im pleased it did.
I've seen a few journos say this and I think it seriously underplays how right we got that game. It was a clear case of watching the oppo closely and changing your tactics to expose it. After that it comes down to execution which just happened to all go perfectly in a one of those days way.

I do realise you were responding to a nonsense post about dyche and correctly calling it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back