2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan of yours, but your togger chat has gone wayward and you need to be re-directed
Im really trying not to doom the fella, honestly.

I dont rate him at all and really do not consider him keeping us up a miracle.

But im honestly trying my very best to get behind him, being right on the internet is great and all that, but give me being wrong and Dyche smashing it every day of the week.

Ultimately tho, this fella will 1 day be sacked and at that point, I get to tell y'all I told you so.

I just hope I do it from a position of weakness.

I've seen a few journos say this and I think it seriously underplays how right we got that game. It was a clear case of watching the oppo closely and changing your tactics to expose it. After that it comes down to execution which just happened to all go perfectly in a one of those days way.

I do realise you were responding to a nonsense post about dyche and correctly calling it out.

Yeah we did get it right. If you give any side that space then you'd be mad to think it wont be punished. McNeil was the player who was perfect.
I was responding more to the opinion the squad isnt that bad. It was the perfect 45 minutes. A more realistic view when brighton upped it in the 2nd half and lets be honest we dug in and struggled to get out.
Like you say everything fell that day but it never fooled me into thinking these lot are actually ok as a squad.

Yeah we did get it right. If you give any side that space then you'd be mad to think it wont be punished. McNeil was the player who was perfect.
I was responding more to the opinion the squad isnt that bad. It was the perfect 45 minutes. A more realistic view when brighton upped it in the 2nd half and lets be honest we dug in and struggled to get out.
Like you say everything fell that day but it never fooled me into thinking these lot are actually ok as a squad.
I think if you've got Mina and DCL in the team you elevate the rest, but as we know one has left and one is fighting to keep his career alive from injuries. Those two in the side elevate the squad to something more acceptable, it will be a challenge for Dyche to elevate it without them, but the players appear to believe in him.

Despite all this recent hype, the fact is we were 30mins from relegation.
Yep, the spunkfest over what he achieved is unbelievable and up until the last kick of the season we still could of been relegated.

1 point from safety when he took over and we stayed up by 2 points.....Granted he done his job but come on..

We won 5 games in 18 games.
If he does that this season we will want him gone.

I think if you've got Mina and DCL in the team you elevate the rest, but as we know one has left and one is fighting to keep his career alive from injuries. Those two in the side elevate the squad to something more acceptable, it will be a challenge for Dyche to elevate it without them, but the players appear to believe in him.

Mina was a rock in the 2nd half but long term i wouldnt want that last ditch defending like the alamo to be where we are at. Holding your own with possession would be nice but we're a long way from that.

Yep, the spunkfest over what he achieved is unbelievable and up until the last kick of the season we still could of been relegated.

1 point from safety when he took over and we stayed up by 2 points.....Granted he done his job but come on..

We won 5 games in 18 games.
If he does that this season we will want him gone.
If he repeats the % points he managed per game last season into this season then we will finish with over 40 points.
I think a lot of people would take that now.

The truth of the matter is we competed in almost all (not every) of the games we played while under his management last season. That is promising, but competing doesn’t win you games.

We have to find goals. The one obvious tweak is Maupay needs to be punted to the moon. He cannot feature again for this team- he is that detrimental to the side.

He also has to find a way to free up the wing backs and get them going. Our midfield proved they can hang but that can’t be our only driving force in the team. We get our wingbacks going and Iwobi/whoever and Dwight will probably see much more joy in attacking positions.

No easy task, but if he is good enough he will find a way. If he isn’t, he won’t. He has the full season this time around so time to find out what he is made of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back