2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offer or idea of how to fix the problem?

Mate. I'm an accountant. Why would anyone trust me to appoint a football manager?

Just like how Bill and Co shouldn't be trusted to choose either. The one time in the Moshiri era where a DoF chose a manager was Brands picking Silva. And he ain't doing to bad nowadays is he.
I think you might agree though that Dyche was picked for a reason, and it has not yet been proven the wrong appointment. He was brought in to give us the best possible chance of staying up, so let's see. The point where I don't agree with you is this isn't fansty football, we are not a good prospect for any manager coming in, so we where and still are limited in the people who we could bring in. All we can do now is back the team.

Yeah maybe someone who has won the league, and someone who has won the champions league, someone who is boss and progressive and wins every game. We can all create a list of traits we would like in a manager but who is this manger you speak of?? Would he wanted to have come to Everton for a relegation fight??? My point is, who?? And would he have wanted to come because anyone with a half decent reputation wouldn't have staked it on us!
Someone with a fresh idea, someone who hadn’t managed in the league before, someone who can actually use game management when the win is there for the taking

Should've gone for the jugular last night, and instead ran the starting eleven (okay, ten - but without Coleman's injury, there would've been no subs) into the ground.

The fresh legs of Gray or Simms could've made a massive difference.

He should have made changes 100% they where on the ropes.

Another 3/4 games DCL would have had a hat trick last night, but he's still rusty, if we would have brought in Gray (even though I think he is awful) for his pace or even Simms to take the physical presence off DCL, we could have took that game last night in the last 20 minutes.

Dyche subs and game management leave a massive amount to be desired for me. Fact Keane was left to carry on last night was awful in itself.

I would personally cut ties either way, he's given us a chance and if he keeps us up he probably deserves the next season - however there has been plenty of games in the last 7 where he has been at fault and its put massive doubt in my mind.

My personal gut feel is if he keeps us up, he gets new signings for his set up, and he is sacked before Jan - and we are left again in this cycle of players who only fit the previous managers system.

He is 100% a better manager then Lampard though, Lampard would have had us relegated a month ago.

Yeah maybe someone who has won the league, and someone who has won the champions league, someone who is boss and progressive and wins every game. We can all create a list of traits we would like in a manager but who is this manger you speak of?? Would he wanted to have come to Everton for a relegation fight??? My point is, who?? And would he have wanted to come because anyone with a half decent reputation wouldn't have staked it on us!
Brighton got De Zerbi who got them to a semi final and has them in with a chance of Europe

Burnley took a chance on Kompany who’s got them back up at the first attempt

Middlesbrough were struggling at the bottom end of the Championship when Carrick showed up, he’s got them into the playoffs

There’s good, hungry managers out there if our board bothered looking beyond Premier League experience

Any manager playing Holgate and Godfrey hasn't done his homework. Leaving Keane and Iwobi on the pitch last night, too, is mind-boggling.

I suppose, in his defence, he will claim Iwobi partially redeemed himself with the goal, but if we are depending on Alex Iwobi to keep us up, stick a fork in it. We're cooked.
Iwobi's work rate is incredible and his defensive work and tracking back in the 2nd half was excellent tbf. His passing is rancid though.

Doucs was gassed after about 50 mins and there were options on the bench to affect the game in the last 20.

Brighton got De Zerbi who got them to a semi final and has them in with a chance of Europe

Middlesbrough were struggling at the bottom end of the Championship when Carrick showed up, he’s got them into the playoffs

There’s good, hungry managers out there if our board bothered looking beyond Premier League experience
One one hand you have Moshiri; who has no idea about football and is talked around by third parties who are interested in their payday and getting a client a new job

On the other hand, you have good old Bill. The man who wants a manager to take the pressure off him. A safe pair of hands that sees the club just float along.

Neither of them have any foresight or idea about modern day football. We’re playing catch-up as if it was the year 2000, we’re 20 years behind is so telling

What are you talking about??? It was one of the best performances of the season by and large.

Their keeper made 6 great saves last night and the game was finely balanced.
We didn't push for the win enough in the last 15 minutes. The game was there for us, we didn't make the positive changes to give us that bit extra. We could easily have won, but we didn't do quite enough.

Although I was calling for fresh legs I could also see the point you make. I reckon SD's philosophy is if it ain't broke don't fix it. I thought he might use up a bit of time at the end by making a couple but then again, as the Madison-Vardy goal proved, it doesn't take long to score a goal from a misplaced pass.

….exactly, just look at the Lucas Moura back pass on Sunday.

You cant criticise a manager who sees his team rack up 23 shots on goal, dominates a game and the team he started out with apart from Coleman pushes back the opposition on their own pitch and nearly nicks it at the end with that Doucoure shot.

That's just ridiculous.
Our players were clearly tired by 80 mins (and that's good because the work ethic was much better). Their defence was vulnerable and lacking pace, and starting to tire as well. Bringing on fresh legs in Gray could have made a difference. I thought it was the proactive sub to make.

Our players were clearly tired by 80 mins (and that's good because the work ethic was much better). Their defence was vulnerable and lacking pace, and starting to tire as well. Bringing on fresh legs in Gray could have made a difference. I thought it was the proactive sub to make.

They had a GK who kept them in it. Right till the end.

That tells me our manager knows what he's doing.

None of them have the experience of a relegation battle ornin the premier league, would you stake a multi million pound business on an inexperienced manager, worked so well with Frank!

Status
Not open for further replies.