2023/24 Sean Dyche

Funnily enough he said the same thing in a recent interview, he said a club of this size wouldn't be available to him unless things had gone a bit pear-shaped. I think he's taken that chance very well and I think soon most will change their idea of him as our long-term manager. I expect with a new owner and the new stadium he will have us challenging for Europe soon enough.
I remember when Allardyce was given the same opportunity. He played horrible football but we respected the points he ground out when we needed them. Then he had five or six games end of season where we were safe and he could show he knew how to set up a team to play a bit and if anything we played worse.

I’ve seen enough from Dyche to know he’s not be so stupid and he’s already shown at times that his team can put together some slick attacking moves. These moments are few and far between but needs must when we’re fighting against deductions and possible further deductions. I wouldn’t swap him for anyone with where we are right now.

I think the work he is doing off the field, bringing professional standards back to the club because he doesn't suffer fools and it's refreshing. Not many times we can moan about lack of effort these days which has been a fixture of recent seasons.

He has the squad harmonious and fighting for each other, he's connected the fans back into the fold and backing the players than berating and booing them.

Can't be overlooked how important this stuff has been for me and a huge part in us realistically being mid table. No need to change this time of year for once. I really hope he can make the next step, if and when we can buy players again, he needs to up the quality obviously.

Appointed 1 year ago today.

Done a decent job in sorting out the playing side in that time, we are 100% more organised, committed and this season the results have improved on the last 2 seasons.

Not everybody’s cup of tea style wise, but only an idiot would say he hasn’t improved things from the 2 Lampard / Benitez seasons.
I actually like watching us under Dyche. I get what he's trying to do and how. We are tough and hard to beat, when was the last time you could say that about us? He's also got us creating chances, we certainly have many more shots than we used too; not his fault if the players aren't taking them.

Done a good, solid job in turning the team and parts of the club around.

He's instilled a much better attitude in the players and results are being seen on the pitch (if not in our league position due to the -10 points). We're going in the right direction and with the prospect of a further points deduction he's the type of manager that can keep us out of trouble.

He deserves to opportunity that's been given to the majority of Everton's previous managers, i.e. some cash to spend.

This team that him and Thelwell have put together is absolutely chronic. Neither really deserve any credit, better teams have been put together with less.