2023/24 Sean Dyche

Would Leicester fans rather have stayed up with Dyche and be watching his football now, or be top of the championship playing good football?

Financial realities of course but staying up at all costs isn't great either
The first part of the sentence is the reality, which necessitates staying up at all costs.

He's reverted to overly cautious football. The biggest problem is the full backs under instruction not to overlap. This means our very limited wide players just passing the ball back and sideways to midfield or defence and repeat over and over. We need our fullbacks to create space, because they aren't it just kills any momentum and allows teams to just get behind the ball.

Bingo, Yatzee, gin and Jack pot … this is the biggest downfall in our tactics imo .. zero width and no overlapping fullbacks to create space and offer options

We all know he hates changing it but i cant believe he didnt hook a few last night at halftime in what was one of the most lame first 45 ive seen. I mean what did he say at halftime to send the same 11 out. Same again lads.
He's a real creature of habit in terms of changing things up.
Didnt warm to his post match interview. Swept the no goals in open play in 10 under the carpet by saying we score as many as Arsenal from set pieces. And new manager in the stand or not. They had their best 3 players out.
If you hadnt watched the game and listened to him you'd have thought we battered them and played well.

Don't have essentially 4 full backs due to instructions. It even worked well enough during our purple patch of 4 wins with Mykolenko going forward.

Try to play it on the ground more than once an attack - last night is prime example of this - open passes to the side and in front in good positions, so what do we do? Exactly, hoof to DCL.

Actually prepare a team with a plan B and to play football every once in a while. Not even all the time, just occasionally.

Maybe don't play some turbogash pensioner because of ExPeRiEnCe when he's an absolute net negative for us and has been for all but 1 of his games in a blue shirt.

There's more than 1 way to set up to play direct football, but that's only true if you're not Sean Dyche. We played direct football at times under Ancelotti too, but it looked better as we had players actually moving around, not waiting for Dom to do something alone up top or to Doucoure to kick the ball with the correct corner of his 50p-shaped feet.

People making excuses for him as if we're limited at every single thing is hilarious, especially due to how some of those limitations are imposed by him as well.

Also to people saying "he'll adapt" - he hasn't adapted in his entire career, he only knows 1 way to play, but I can't wait for the next masterclass video about a draw or something.
He coin flips football matches. He goes out to not concede, that's his gameplan. After that he hopes to nick a goal from somewhere and get 3 points but if we concede first we are really up against it and his gameplan goes out the window. It's football by numbers and it's why he points to xG so much and why we lose to poor teams around us. It's not consistent and if variance goes against you, as it will at times, things can get tricky fast.

Replace in the summer.

The thing is everyone knows that he’s not a long term fit. Even his biggest fans accept that he’s a means to an end, and this brand of football is not sustainable.

So you can wait for him to get himself sacked - which will happen - inevitably after a long string of abject results OR we take control of the situation and let a new man have a full summer to prepare a team starting level with everybody else.

Replace in the summer.

The thing is everyone knows that he’s not a long term fit. Even his biggest fans accept that he’s a means to an end, and this brand of football is not sustainable.

So you can wait for him to get himself sacked - which will happen - inevitably after a long string of abject results OR we take control of the situation and let a new man have a full summer to prepare a team starting level with everybody else.
'this brand of football is not sustainable' - he's collected 30 points with it. 6 left to equal our total last year with 13 games left

Replace in the summer.

I’m a big fan of the job he’s doing. I think 30 points from 25 games with this crap and paper thin squad which has had a few injuries is excellent work but yeah, he’s a short term appointment to make sure we don’t get relegated whilst we face the most difficult financial issues of our history.

The only thing I disagree with is I don’t see how things get better next season unless we have new owners/and or Usmanov or someone else starts pumping sponsorship money back in.

When we are financially sound and can build a team again I expect Dyche to be given a well earned pay off for whatever is left on his contract and it’ll be time to talk about someone like Potter or whoever we think can build a good footballing side but now is not the time.

I’m a big fan of the job he’s doing. I think 30 points from 25 games with this crap and paper thin squad which has had a few injuries is excellent work but yeah, he’s a short term appointment to make sure we don’t get relegated whilst we face the most difficult financial issues of our history.

The only thing I disagree with is I don’t see how things get better next season unless we have new owners/and or Usmanov or someone else starts pumping sponsorship money back in.

When we are financially sound and can build a team again I expect Dyche to be given a well earned pay off for whatever is left on his contract and it’ll be time to talk about someone like Potter or whoever we think can build a good footballing side but now is not the time.
Exactly this