2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team should have been relegated twice under Lampard, but hes managed 12th place with 30 points won this season(without transfers). Yet a rough stretch and people turn on him very quickly.

it isn’t Dyche’s fault for the deduction. However with results such as the first 3 home games, drawing at Sheffield where everyone has gone and had a field day as well as losing to Luton and this run of 1 win in 12 is what will cost us not the deduction. With our squad we should be comfortably clear. He’s a fraud of a manager

I get that Dyche is for some the safe pair of hands to “keep us up”. I get the constraints he’s working in.

But for me… 30 points from 25 games playing some of the most woeful football just drains the life out of me. At best, we nick a game. 3 points, great. It’s still been a terrible 90 minutes I’ll never get back.

I’m not even particularly Dyche out. I can see what he’s done well. I can see what he’s working with. Im just apathetic. There’s got to be more to watching football than this.

I get that Dyche is for some the safe pair of hands to “keep us up”. I get the constraints he’s working in.

But for me… 30 points from 25 games playing some of the most woeful football just drains the life out of me. At best, we nick a game. 3 points, great. It’s still been a terrible 90 minutes I’ll never get back.

I’m not even particularly Dyche out. I can see what he’s done well. I can see what he’s working with. Im just apathetic. There’s got to be more to watching football than this.
I reckon our squad is pretty gash, mate.

Newcastle game at home was good, Palace away was good, Chelsea at home was good, Bournemouth at home was good, Brighton away last season was great. I feel you've a bit of receneny bias.

Kinell it's not THAT bad.

A team full of internationals and experienced players.

I think we have a team that should stay in the Premier league comfortably, given how bad some of the other squads are.

The first 11 is competitive (in the bottom half). Rare season in which all the key players bar Doucoure have all stayed fit for 90%.

Saw with Doucoure results totally nosedive when he isn't around, same would happen at the back if Tarks was out for a month or two. Myko would be a huge miss aswell based on his form this season.

So I would credit Dyche for tailoring training and conditioning sessions to keep a small squad fit and available for all of the season. It's frustrating DCL isn't scoring currently but let's credit Dyche for not rushing him back last season as he said that would sort the fitness issues and he's been proven right on that, now it's up to DCL to keep up his side of the bargain and actually score a goal or two soon.

Dyche is a bit of a nightwatchman currently. Eventually they'll be better days but not for a while yet for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back