2023/24 Sean Dyche

The results I hate most is games likes yesterday. We should have won 5-0 and no one would say it we didn’t deserve it. Yet we get beat 3-1 it’s just sickening.
The 3 best GK performances of any GK this season can you guess.
Leno Fulham 9.6
Jose SA wolves 9.7
West ham keeper 9.8
All against us at Home.

And in all those games we dominate the game.

The ones where we concede possession and play agriculturally, we tend to get results.

Lack of quality effects how we play in order to get points and stay in the league.

It's a balancing at where one effects the other.

"We only scored from set pieces" well...we have big lads who can't score in open play... so yeah.

"We need to be on the front foot at home". We have been in most games. Rarely make it work based on chances missed.

The problem is we keep bringing in managers who take a pragmatic short term approach rather than trying to build something. If Dyche was able to go out tomorrow and upgrade the entire forward line, I think he would set up exactly the same and play the exact same style.

I dont think the problem has been that we sacked managers. I think the problem has been constantly appointing the wrong managers who go on abysmal runs where their position becomes untenable.

With lots of time what is Dyche trying to build?

He has been here over a year now and I have no clue what we are trying to do in possession. Other than hammer the ball direct back to front and float crosses into the box from very deep areas.
I agree with you to an extent. I think Marco Silva is one who could conceivably have been given more time, and a lot of the problems he had were not of his making. But otherwise I agree.

In terms of what Dyche might be building. I think it's fair to say defensively he's improved us a lot. I know conceding 3 yesterday is fresh in the mind, but looking over his whole reign it's clear on that side he's improved us. Up until Duke's injury we were starting to look like we were developing a system and we were doing well creating chances from counters and the high press. Then Duke got injured and we've gone backwards as an attacking force, and even at our best I agree with you we haven't looked to have much of a plan in possession.

The question is, is ripping things up and sacking him now going to improve us? I doubt it. Is there any chance that he could find a way to make us better as an attacking force? Maybe, maybe not. It's certainly something he has to address quickly

☝️ 100% agree...

How many times do we see the ball at the strikers feet in the opposition half and then it gets passed all the way back to Pickford directly or indirectly who just punts it forward.

Dyche Everton have been found out by the rest of the Premier League, probably about 10-13 games ago, teams know what`s coming and the exact line up.

Dyche is the same as Allardyce, he has the ability to become more possession based and more attacking, show us you can be progressive. Unfortunately both managers are exactly the same and refuse to change and the same fate will befall Dyche as with Allardyce.

1 - we've been a relegation threatened club for 3 seasons, no money, points deduction, and a takeover. How can you "plan for the future"?

2 - Priority is staying in the league. We're on 32 points if the club was ran properly off the field.

3 - You can tiki-taka your way to the box, but if your players can't convert what's the point? Apart from "it's nice on the eye".

Swear down some people want to run before they can walk.

Points deduction really does confuse things
3 wins at Goodison this season from 14 games, 13 points from a possible 42...

But it is the points deduction.... and it isn`t just this season!

Dyche whole Everton career at Goodison reads...

Played 23
Won 7
Drawn 5
Lost 11

Scored 22 (0.96)
Failed to score in 6 of them games.
Scored more than 1 in 4 games.
Scored 1 in the other 12.

Conceded 31 (1.35)
8 Clean Sheets.
Conceded more than 1 in 8 of them games.
Conceded 1 in 6 games.

ALL OF OUR HOME WINS HAVE COME WITH A CLEAN SHEET, which means if we concede a goal at home we are goosed, may as well just pack up and go home.

Terrible terrible record, that is as bad if not worse than Mike Walker! It looked like Dyche was going somewhere but he has regressed massively since December.

I agree with you to an extent. I think Marco Silva is one who could conceivably have been given more time, and a lot of the problems he had were not of his making. But otherwise I agree.

In terms of what Dyche might be building. I think it's fair to say defensively he's improved us a lot. I know conceding 3 yesterday is fresh in the mind, but looking over his whole reign it's clear on that side he's improved us. Up until Duke's injury we were starting to look like we were developing a system and we were doing well creating chances from counters and the high press. Then Duke got injured and we've gone backwards as an attacking force, and even at our best I agree with you we haven't looked to have much of a plan in possession.

The question is, is ripping things up and sacking him now going to improve us? I doubt it. Is there any chance that he could find a way to make us better as an attacking force? Maybe, maybe not. It's certainly something he has to address quickly
Regardless of what happens I think we need a change in the summer, as long as there is certainty over the ownership position.

I don't see anything getting better in terms of scoring goals and seeing an exasperated manager criticising the players after the game is not going to help. Finding ways to improve attacking players and making them more confident in front of goal, is part of his responsibilities.

The pressure on our defence is becoming far too much. One mistake we know could well cost us an entire match because the attacking players have been so far off acceptable levels of performance this year.

Like under Benitez, like under Allardyce, like the end of the Lampard era, I just don't like watching this team play football. I'm tired seeing the same tactics and the same lack of innovation under a whole list of managers. I'm fed up seeing dire attacking play and the team looking scared to have the football. I'm tired seeing us crack under the pressure, and then the supporters will get the blame from some sections.

The players need to take a big amount of responsibility for their failure to put away good chances week after week. But it's now March, we haven't won since mid December, so the manager cannot blame luck at this point and he needs to accept that ultimate responsibility is on.

Dyche is only the Everton manager because the club have been ran like a shambles off the field.

He hasn't got the skill set and the track record to be the manager of a club of this size. Especially at a time when we need a manager to make the side a bit better than the sum of it's parts.

And in all those games we dominate the game.

The ones where we concede possession and play agriculturally, we tend to get results.

Lack of quality effects how we play in order to get points and stay in the league.

It's a balancing at where one effects the other.

"We only scored from set pieces" well...we have big lads who can't score in open play... so yeah.

"We need to be on the front foot at home". We have been in most games. Rarely make it work based on chances missed.
Yeah I agree, just very hard to set up to counter at home when the majority of fans want us to attack. I get it, but I’ve seen to many examples like you said it’s just not working.
We definitely suit being an away team which in all my years supporting Everton I would never thought I would say that.

Played 23
Won 7
Drawn 5
Lost 11

Scored 22 (0.96)

Conceded 31 (1.35)
8 Clean Sheets.
Conceded 1 in 6 games.

ALL OF OUR HOME WINS HAVE COME WITH A CLEAN SHEET, which means if we concede a goal at home we are goosed, may as well just pack up and go home.

Terrible terrible record, that is as bad if not worse than Mike Walker! It looked like Dyche was going somewhere but he has regressed massively since December.
You are overcomplicating things, we just need to look at total points achieved and is that an improvement, yes

He obviously isn't the manager to take us forward, but honestly don't think there's anyone we could get now that would help...look at forest for example

Played 23
Won 7
Drawn 5
Lost 11

Scored 22 (0.96)

Conceded 31 (1.35)
8 Clean Sheets.
Conceded 1 in 6 games.

We have been crap at home for years. The last time we had double figure home wins was 2018-2019 when we managed 10.

I'm talking improving attacking players under his coaching

And a 4 game run is definitely undone a lot by our worst run since 94.
Agree, 12 points from 12 then followed that up with a run of 5 points from the next 30....

Under Dyche he has won 26 points at home, from a possible 69 available... absolutely criminal, home form on it`s own should get him the boot.

We never give managers this any more. Imagine if Potter's first season with us was like his first season at Brighton. He wouldn't survive that here
Ok he was 15ty they were 17th the year before, but maybe the owners. DOF could see signs of improvement and the style was a lot better than Chris houghton’s.

If dyche is here 5yrs yes he may make us a prem team that finishes 12/13th every season. But the style, in game management and everything else isn’t changing

Over these last seasons we have had, the football on show has been mind numbingly boring. It is bad enough watching defensive, percentage football when winning, see Allardyce, Sam, the lofty heights of 8th which we took for granted. It is more than a chore watching the Blues.

I sometimes wonder what's the point, we simply exist in the Premier League and we get beat more than we win whilst barely scoring goals. It's hard to muster enthusiasm at times. The Moshiri years have been an unmitigated disaster and could quite possibly cost the club it's future.

It won't affect Moshiri one bit but he has destroyed us and it's the fans who will pay the price. Money has ruined this league as a competitive sport, it's hard to love the Premier League. When was the last time we enjoyed an extended run, seems like forever.

Over these last seasons we have had, the football on show has been mind numbingly boring. It is bad enough watching defensive, percentage football when winning, see Allardyce, Sam, the lofty heights of 8th which we took for granted. It is more than a chore watching the Blues.

I sometimes wonder what's the point, we simply exist in the Premier League and we get beat more than we win whilst barely scoring goals. It's hard to muster enthusiasm at times. The Moshiri years have been an unmitigated disaster and could quite possibly cost the club it's future.

It won't affect Moshiri one bit but he has destroyed us and it's the fans who will pay the price. Money has ruined this league as a competitive sport, it's hard to love the Premier League. When was the last time we enjoyed an extended run, seems like forever.
Agree with this. Unless something seismic happens in the way the league is run, finance etc. to make it more competitive throughout the league I would say it is virtually impossible to consistently challenge for qualification for Europe , never mind winning any silverware. It is a closed shop and we are on the wrong side of the locked door