2023/24 Sean Dyche

Dyche doesn’t do himself any favours in some ways but we have thrown away so many points due to poor finishing it is unreal. Dyche can’t put the ball in the net himself 🤷‍♂️
Can’t tell you how much I detest this argument.

The odd game where we spurn chances is obviously not down to the manager/coaches but game after game after game has to indicate a lack of good coaching/motivation. Carlo had Dom slotting like prime Shearer for a while, and while that obviously wasn’t going to (and didn’t even during that season) last forever, it shows what a difference clear instructions and effective motivation can do for all players, but especially forwards in this case.

Being an Evertonian is a horrible thing at the moment on and off the pitch. We still have a bad financial situation, unclear ownership, another possible points deduction, thin squad for the next season that needs quality upgrade especially in the attacking area that at least imo way more important priorities to get done, just to name a few points.

2024 has not been acceptable in return of points. If we replace him, it's the worst thing to do a Jones-Southampton experiment and getting a promising young manager with 2 years of experience on 2nd tier level, even if he costs a fraction, still the 10 million sacking fee included. Managing at prem level, is a whole different story than in the championship. Kompany has been the best example lately. It's not the time for experiments.

Being an Evertonian is a horrible thing at the moment on and off the pitch. We still have a bad financial situation, unclear ownership, another possible points deduction, thin squad for the next season that needs quality upgrade especially in the attacking area that at least imo way more important priorities to get done, just to name a few points.

2024 has not been acceptable in return of points. If we replace him, it's the worst thing to do a Jones-Southampton experiment and getting a promising young manager with 2 years of experience on 2nd tier level, even if he costs a fraction, still the 10 million sacking fee included. Managing at prem level, is a whole different story than in the championship. Kompany has been the best example lately. It's not the time for experiments.
We have done nothing but go for managers who have the so called 'PL experience' thing and it's been largely an unmitigated disaster. You should bring the best person in whos profile fits the job criteria regardless of which league they're from. Also in theory we run the DoF model at Everton so really we should be looking for a more 'head coach' type who is only interested in player development and preparing the team for each match rather than an old school manager who wants a say on everything.

We have done nothing but go for managers who have the so called 'PL experience' thing and it's been largely an unmitigated disaster. You should bring the best person in whos profile fits the job criteria regardless of which league they're from. Also in theory we run the DoF model at Everton so really we should be looking for a more 'head coach' type who is only interested in player development and preparing the team for each match rather than an old school manager who wants a say on everything.
One of the reason, why we are where we are. The club hasn't had a proper strategy in 10+ years and was poorly run. In the majority of time we kept spending beyond our means. The consequences are visible now. There is some much going wrong or went wrong. This got to change, but it's a tenacious and long process to go back to the old days. For me, it doesn't have to be a prem proven manager, but someone that is ready to work in a club like Everton and worked on a good level before like Iraola and implemented good principles there. I wouldn't even hesitate, if someone like Glasner or Iraola were interested or available to join the club.

Dyche is a short term solution till max 2025, you know what you get, but also what's missing, We talked about these points a lot. The next one needs to be someone with a long time vision, as you said. I also agree that the priority of the manager should be on the daily work on the pitch to get out the max of the players having a good defensive and offensive plan , and not to have a full control like Sir Alex, but yet to be involved.

The question is what is your expectation right now for the next 1,5 years, what do you think is realistic, what is your main priority? Till BMD for me it's to keep this club up and build a solid foundation get healthier financially, then to bring in a suitable manager, that can build up on that step by step in a long time vision, make suitable transfers for that etc.

Not even murmurs of discontent from Everton about the manager, and nothing at all in the media. Most other clubs you'd fully expect their manager to be under intense pressure when he's dragging the club into a disastrous relegation fight.

No. I'm not saying that. I'm saying there's nobody to change it to. If you genuinely think about it instead of being a sarkyarse you'll see what I mean. You are more than welcome to tell me what you'd change right now, let's hear your tactical knowledge Jose lad.
People are being sarky arses because you’re taking nonsense. McNeil has been horrendous this season and Harrison not far behind him. Dobbin has one less goal than McNeil and hardly played many minutes, he also provided a spark v spurs that helped us get a point.

All you say is he couldn’t get a game In League 1 last season, he played 43 times how many games did derby play, 200???
And no youngsters in the history of the game have improved from 19 to 21. It’s a pathetic excuse to say McNeil and Harrison should keep getting picked, even though they stink the gaff out every week, because the only option is dobbin