2023/24 Sean Dyche

Think he will still be here but next season is key if we sray up and can bring players in he must inprove the attacking style of this team

My basic problem is that with the exception of maybe newcastle this season and BHA last, Everton just haven't been entertaining. And I know all the extenuating circumstances but the on field stuff has just been hard to watch.
I'm no football tactics expert but it's easy to see what this fella is doing wrong mid game and yet he doesn't see it till way too late.
Same for subs, same for everything really.
DCL is the classic example of the difference in approach between Ancelotti and Dyche.
I'm not expecting him to be as good as Ancelotti but I am expecting him to look at how his forwards set up to maximize a player like DCL.
And I know Richie, James and sigurdson are better than Mcneill, Harrison and Doucoure, but the latter three are just playing a different, slower, more predictable game and DCL is out of position more often than not.
I'd go so far as to say Dyche has actually broken DCL!
There is more than that. Maybe also his injuries have had an impact. His isolation and being out of position is really a tactical problem, but not the return of goals. It would be, if doesn't get chances at all, but it's the opposite. He got chances to score 8-9 goals this season, He has taken the 19th most shots in the league and has 12 big chances missed, that's 5th in the league.

Think he will still be here but next season is key if we sray up and can bring players in he must inprove the attacking style of this team
Wing and midfield creativity are certainly the key point to improve in this squad. You won't see better football under Dyche, but at least a better goal output. Tbf, it's also a bit down to players as we are by far the most inefficient team in the whole league. But 2025 is the time, after 2,5y of stabilization to look for a long time future manager with a clear plan for attack and defense, that knows implementing new players and improving players.

There is more than that. Maybe also his injuries have had an impact. His isolation and being out of position is really a tactical problem, but not the return of goals. It would be, if doesn't get chances at all, but it's the opposite. He got chances to score 8-9 goals this season, He has taken the 19th most shots in the league and has 12 big chances missed, that's 5th in the league.
Yea, for some reason this season everyone has gone mad for stats.
Sure, he's had some headers and missed some sitters but he's playing in a very different system.
We dont counter attack. He's never really in space in the box or running in to it. The other attackers dont readily draw defenders.
So yea, he's missed shots when the ball gets flung in to the mixer but he's always missed his share of them.
Also his confidence is shot.

Yea, for some reason this season everyone has gone mad for stats.
Sure, he's had some headers and missed some sitters but he's playing in a very different system.
We dont counter attack. He's never really in space in the box or running in to it. The other attackers dont readily draw defenders.
So yea, he's missed shots when the ball gets flung in to the mixer but he's always missed his share of them.
Also his confidence is shot.
When long balls on him (we do it too often obviously), he rarely has any options to play. I see DCL winning those heading duels quite a lot. This is down to two things, one thing is the tactical approach as our wings/cam are pretty defensively, the other thing is also the lack of pace and technical skills in the midfield or wing that gets outpaced 9/10 or takes a bad touch to spoil a promising counter.

When long balls on him (we do it too often obviously), he rarely has any options to play. I see DCL winning those heading duels quite a lot. This is down to two things, one thing is the tactical approach as our wings/cam are pretty defensively, the other thing is also the lack of pace and technical skills in the midfield or wing that gets outpaced 9/10 or takes a bad touch to spoil a promising counter.
Yup, we go long a lot and he wins his share of the ball but what ever way Dyche has his attacking players set up, he isnt able to hold it up as effectively as he used to. To me the lack of midfield support in those situations is down to tactics and coaching.
I think it was Brighton where he had the ball, was forced out to the wing, there was no one at all anywhere near him, he ended up passing back to the half way line, the ball found its way back to pickford. It was depressing, I felt bad for him.
He's a 20 goal a season striker in the right set up with the right coaching.

Yup, we go long a lot and he wins his share of the ball but what ever way Dyche has his attacking players set up, he isnt able to hold it up as effectively as he used to. To me the lack of midfield support in those situations is down to tactics and coaching.
I think it was Brighton where he had the ball, was forced out to the wing, there was no one at all anywhere near him, he ended up passing back to the half way line, the ball found its way back to pickford. It was depressing, I felt bad for him.
He's a 20 goal a season striker in the right set up with the right coaching.
Exactly, the only scene I really was angry at him that game is when he had 3-4 players around him to pass and we would go on a 3 vs 2 defenders counter attack, but he took 5-6 seconds to then pass it back to the center back.

The thing about managers like Dyche is, the football is so poor that if the team are not winning games every now and again the atmosphere around the club and in the crowd soon changes for the worse. I believe that if we get more points deducted we will go down, there are only two worse sides in the prem than us and perhaps a further four or five who are pretty much as bad as us. Our big problem is that it is always safety first and at this point we need to win some games.

I don't think Dyche should be sacked YET, but only because I don't think it's worth paying out the money to get rid of him when you consider the level of manager we could currently get in to replace him. I do look forward to the day when we can see a bit of stability around the club and launch him as far as possible. The only thing in his favour is that he is a bit better than Benitez and Lampard were.

Wing and midfield creativity are certainly the key point to improve in this squad. You won't see better football under Dyche, but at least a better goal output. Tbf, it's also a bit down to players as we are by far the most inefficient team in the whole league. But 2025 is the time, after 2,5y of stabilization to look for a long time future manager with a clear plan for attack and defense, that knows implementing new players and improving players.
Also think key what we do at cm with it looking like onana will go could need 3 players really to cover gomes onana ali

The thing about managers like Dyche is, the football is so poor that if the team are not winning games every now and again the atmosphere around the club and in the crowd soon changes for the worse. I believe that if we get more points deducted we will go down, there are only two worse sides in the prem than us and perhaps a further four or five who are pretty much as bad as us. Our big problem is that it is always safety first and at this point we need to win some games.

I don't think Dyche should be sacked YET, but only because I don't think it's worth paying out the money to get rid of him when you consider the level of manager we could currently get in to replace him. I do look forward to the day when we can see a bit of stability around the club and launch him as far as possible. The only thing in his favour is that he is a bit better than Benitez and Lampard were.
With 2 points deductions and relegation, what manager could've avoided that for us?

Also think key what we do at cm with it looking like onana will go could need 3 players really to cover gomes onana ali
Hope to keep either one of Branthwaite or Onana, but both are rumored for offers around 80m. It's basically necessary to sell at least one of them to get some funds to finance new transfers.

A lot of ppl forget about that Gana Gueye is running out as well. I would keep him, if he accepted a big pay cut as he is on 130k and still see him as a squad player.

Too many changes in the squad are not conducive.

Think onana will be the one for me just makes more sense unless a big bid for branthwaite. But is why i would like to get his replacement in the summer so we could have both then be prepared when he does get sold. Is why id keep gana then hope we look to get a similar profile to onana plus a younger player to build up. Then have seen the runours of dele getting a new deal but just to much of a risk for me. As much as i dislike how he left the club would be going after barkley if on a free.

I despair at some folk on here.

What does anyone expect, when you look at the facts:

1. Poor squad, with little to no additions in his tenure
2. Back to back Houdini-esque escapes from relegation
3. No club management at senior level, board
4. Ownership at war with fans
5. Ownership in chaos
6. Points deductions for periods he wasn’t even here
7. Strikers who can’t strike. 22 shots at goal vs West Ham for example
8. Fan expectations beyond his or club’s ability to deliver
9. No money, no investment, no hope

In those circumstances he’s doing okay.

Is he the medium to longer fix for the team, hell no. Has he been a disaster, hell no.